WORLDS of WANDER plus Secret Spaceship Club!

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
spikey
Vortininja

Post by spikey »

Holy Pogosticks, Hall-man! it's really you. Thanks for making this Kickstarter and working so hard on this idea, it's a neat one ("this is neat" indeed!).

I'm in the Sierra On-Line community, and we've got several Kickstarters funded now, 4 or 5 I think. This one should be no problem, just gotta make sure the comments page gets kept up with. Will try to do my part.
TomHallKeen
Grunt

Soo.....

Post by TomHallKeen »

Yeah, they just see it as a business property. And you don't sell business properties. They are part of your portfolio.

End of story. Pure business I guess.

That or it's floating up from id business people. Either way, it's all "just business".

Makes me sad. :/

Haha THIS IS NEAT. Thanks for all your support.

TUIT just had the same look as Keen 4-6 in 256 colors with parallax backgrounds. The idea for the large arc of the story was more formed AFTER I left id actually. If I don't get to tell it within a couple years, I'll hint at it somehow....
Tom Hall
Keen's Daddy
Founder ~ Designer
Pieces of Fun
(making a spiritual successor to Keen)
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Oh wow, thank you so much for answering our questions!

So maybe Willie Wander and Sheila Wander will come across that galactic zoo you mentioned years ago? ;)
TomHallKeen
Grunt

Zoo....

Post by TomHallKeen »

....you never know.... will be a lot of creatures/enemies, heh.
Tom Hall
Keen's Daddy
Founder ~ Designer
Pieces of Fun
(making a spiritual successor to Keen)
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Re: Soo.....

Post by troublesomekeen »

TomHallKeen wrote:TUIT just had the same look as Keen 4-6 in 256 colors with parallax backgrounds. The idea for the large arc of the story was more formed AFTER I left id actually.
That's it! I'm done! My life is finished! The mystery is now solved. I can die peacefully contented.
TomHallKeen wrote:If I don't get to tell it within a couple years, I'll hint at it somehow....
Gasp! I have reason to live now! Something to look forward to!
But oh my wow! Mr. Hall! I'll be dashed! Fantastic to hear from you and see your posts! I support your projects! Such excitement! I can hardly believe it. It's like talking to God!
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Every time Tom visits he makes a new account (this is number 4 :) ), makes me laugh. Anyway, I made a post about this game/tool a few minutes after the Kickstarter was announced (after screaming at him to "Shut up and take my money!) but I'll close this and the other ones that seem to be cropping up and funnel them to here.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Wow, G'day from Australia Tom. :helmet

This idea looks fantastic, I can't wait to see it in action. I can't offer any pledge right now but you have my backing all the same.

*tosses a 1UP*
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Wow! Exciting times! As I said, that's the best possible project we could want from Tom Hall! I hope this gets funded real quickly. :dopefish
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

You have no idea how much I want to play netkeen with you...

I hope you get enough support on the project, and I like the fact that it's cross platform

Good luck with it :disguised
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Good day from the Czech Republic, Tom! It's an honor to have you here. Even though I sadly can't back this project, I sure believe it's going to work. It's a great idea.
Commander Keen
Vortininja

Post by Commander Keen »

Daddy?

Oh wow! I cant believe that your here! Welcome! As for Worlds Of Wander, it looks pretty cool! I wonder if we can use it to make a new Keen game. :D
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Quite a triumphant return to the Keen scene, Tom (what a great name, it's mine too!).
This does look very promising, just as Pettington Park did, last time we talked. Visuals are nice and show that same Keen atmosphere. Hopefully this doesn't come to the same unfortunate fate that Shaker did. It's too bad about Zenimax and the Keen rights, but maybe we'll get one or two references, and maybe the Keen community will come up with some kind of mod for Worlds of Wander.

Anyway, goodluck with the project, and you've just got another backer, Tom.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Can this create the pixely kind of game like Keen? The games in the previews are not so pixely... and yeah people might like it, but when it comes to keen I really like that pixelyness, it's what makes keen better than other games in my opinion. :)
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
lemm
Blorb

Re: Soo.....

Post by lemm »

TomHallKeen wrote: TUIT just had the same look as Keen 4-6 in 256 colors with parallax backgrounds. The idea for the large arc of the story was more formed AFTER I left id actually. If I don't get to tell it within a couple years, I'll hint at it somehow...

Hi Tom,

Did you ever get around to locating the tapes that had the keen source code?

Good luck on your venture. It looks like it would make a good educational tool for kids.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

That reminds me... is it true that there was a cowlike enemy set for keen 4, one that was to be there instead of the slug? Is that rumor even true? And do you, Tom, have any picture/image of how that cow-like thing looked like?
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!