[old thread] BomberKEEN

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Dr. Kylstein wrote:I meant that the rest of the victory screen besides the already extant sprites needed to be made.
Any use for victory screen I started to make?

I suppose I'll go ahead and take care of that myself, along with any additional GUI/HUD stuff that may be needed.
Sure, I don't mind :) You seem to like doing art, and it seems it's a bit boring for you to do just coding for a project.
So I leave the "goooey" (GUI) stuff to you...unless you'll ask for my help for some specific tasks.
Sure you can ask me for design advices and such - if needed.
For the victory animation, I suppose I meant "victory dance" figuratively.
Feedback on animations I already made yesterday?
I think it would be most effective if each character did something unique here to express their personality.
"Street Fighter II" style, heh :)
I like the idea.
and Keenish is definitely what I had in mind.
Well, we can make new traps...but I see no need to dismiss good ideas of original "Bomberman" - transforming it to Keenish-themed art/trap.
Last edited by DoomJedi on Wed Jun 05, 2013 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Finished extended full spriteset for Yorp to prepare him to be a player character.
5 characters are now fully arted - Keen, Mortimer, Yorp, Council Page and Council Member.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Daaaaaaang!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Dr. Kylstein
Vortininja

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

I've been very busy with my summer courses, so I hadn't looked at anything until now. The new character sheets look good, I'll make implementing them the next thing I do.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Is there anyway to make Keen less cross eyed? A little tweaking and I think it would look great.
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Lava89 wrote:Is there anyway to make Keen less cross eyed? A little tweaking and I think it would look great.
Fixed. Also made him merrier :)
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Dr. Kylstein wrote:I've been very busy with my summer courses, so I hadn't looked at anything until now. The new character sheets look good, I'll make implementing them the next thing I do.
Also we need to convert bomb to sprite/actor, not a tile.
Then we can implement additional basic Keen powerups - Bomb Punch and Throw Bomb. (not to mention fixing Bomb Kick)

I'll start making traps. Magnet, Trampoline....
Also the soft block destruction animations will need to be fixed to more reddish.
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Finished extended Garg frames.

UPDATE:: Finished extended Princess Lindsey, Vorticon, VortiNinja, Vorticon Elite and L. Barker frames.
Dr. Kylstein
Vortininja

Post by Dr. Kylstein »

I think you should stop putting graphics directly in the source folder. Put them somewhere else and let me integrate them myself. I may need to rename or modify some occasionally, and there are many that aren't presently used.

Once that's taken care of, I've got basic support for the new spritesheets that I can upload.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

There's something wrong with the victory face expression. I don't know what it is, but it looks like he's happy and at the same time also like taking a garg in his pants.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

wiivn wrote:There's something wrong with the victory face expression. I don't know what it is, but it looks like he's happy and at the same time also like taking a garg in his pants.
He looks more like he's two or three years old rather than eight. Nicely drawn, just a bit too babyish.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Dr. Kylstein wrote:I think you should stop putting graphics directly in the source folder. Put them somewhere else and let me integrate them myself. I may need to rename or modify some occasionally, and there are many that aren't presently used.

Once that's taken care of, I've got basic support for the new spritesheets that I can upload.
Copied the art to the graphics folder. I'll edit it there from now on.
You can delete the art not used in your engine from the source folders and start fresh.
He looks more like he's two or three years old rather than eight. Nicely drawn, just a bit too babyish.
I'll see what I can do about it. Thanks for the feedbacks.
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

DoomJedi wrote: Image
Better?

Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

ROFL :lol :lol :lol
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »