Commander Keen: Tower Defense

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

ouchlimb is wonderful.
it has that childish silliness of some keen enemy names along with the cosmic-horror feel image of some TUIT mobs

leggeriepus also comes to mind.
(it has an armory's worth of spines... but they're all on its legs... and i think it has 8 legs...?)
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Thank you very much! :)
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

I tend to want to call him Limbo.
It's short, it's cute, and it's a wink to a Nolan movie which is one of my favourite movies of all time.

I know the term is Christian in it's origins.
Limbo (Latin limbus, edge or boundary, referring to the "edge" of Hell) is a speculative idea about the afterlife condition of those who die in Original Sin without being assigned to the Hell of the Damned.
But I think it even plays well with the character...it's an enemy of Keen (so he "sinned"), but he is just too cute to be sent to Hell :) Though he has some hellish horns as his limbs.

Also he represents me here for so long - and so he is a bit like me... inbetween - "not in heaven nor in hell" - living life of not much peaks or quicksands. My life is kind of Limbo :)

Maybe not to be totally "limbo" - I'll call him Limboch (Limb + ouch).

Anyone opposes to call him Limboch?
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

To be honest, I always figured that top wasn't anything, his wedding ring was. He only has it in the dream sequences, it is his, something he knows personally and deeply... always made sense to me.

Also, yeah, Limboch.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Levellass wrote:To be honest, I always figured that top wasn't anything, his wedding ring was. He only has it in the dream sequences, it is his, something he knows personally and deeply... always made sense to me.
Oh, man, I can write books about this movie...and trust me - everything is much more complicated...just don't have time to expand on this now...will later.
First - his totem (top) is a reverse totem (he is the only one to have reverse totem), so it doesn't work anyway...when you'll awake from the movie as I viewer - you'll notice that :) So it means absolutely nothing if the top falls or not. So it's actually not a totem by any definition of such, as it can't tell reality from a dream.
Yet that said - I'm less fond of the ring idea, simply as his top is what he tried to spin everytime he feels he might be in a dream...even when he is alone in the room and NOONE is watching...so he has no reasons to try to trick someone to think it's his totem. Unless he himself is not aware it's his totem...which makes it NOT his totem anyway...totem you're not aware of - is not a totem.
If wedding ring is a Totem - is a totem not of Kobb - but of the Viewer, who participates in the movie actively. Totem of us - to know when we're watching a dream or reality...if there is anything real in the movie at all...as movie questions reality itself, and in a way - no real moment feels and acts like a reality as we know it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ginQNMiRu2w
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

since i'm guessing that it's an arachnut replacement, how about rushing limboch?

:D
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

You mean additional "charging" frames? Can consider :)
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Eros wrote:since i'm guessing that it's an arachnut replacement, how about rushing limboch?

Was that a cleverly disguised Rush Limbaugh snipe?
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

:lol
Pokota
Vortininja

Post by Pokota »

MoffD wrote:
Eros wrote:since i'm guessing that it's an arachnut replacement, how about rushing limboch?

Was that a cleverly disguised Rush Limbaugh snipe?
That was disguised?
There was something here, but my yorp ate it.
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Hei, don't Rush to conclusions.... :)