Kings Quest mod idea

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Bloogbae
Grunt

Post by Bloogbae »

Actually a Commander Keen AGS game sounds like a better idea now that I think of it.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

So wait will it be a keen game or more of a point and click adventure game? I mentioned monkey island in the past for example, which is kinda similar in terms of point and click.

Also - there are several newer versions of kings quest, that one in the recently posted pictures is one of the worse ones where you gotta type in commands as I recall, which is not so user friendly.
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Scarlet wrote:So wait will it be a keen game or more of a point and click adventure game? I mentioned monkey island in the past for example, which is kinda similar in terms of point and click.

Also - there are several newer versions of kings quest, that one in the recently posted pictures is one of the worse ones where you gotta type in commands as I recall, which is not so user friendly.
Hmm. If it uses the mouse it's easy to include an action list along beside the inventory. Or just simplify that with the Space Quest 4-6 interface that has the generic move/look/use/inventory buttons. Kings Quest likely went through the same changes, but I'm not familiar with the later ones. Would also be fun to introduce some kind of crafting ability in the inventory menu though.