Mortimer's arsenal

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Mortimer's arsenal

Post by chrissifniotis »

I'm pretty sure this doesn't belong in the other forums, but if I'm wrong go ahead and move it.

I'm currently dreaming up ideas for movesets for Commander Keen and Mortimer McMire to work into a future mod for a flash game; Keen is done in terms of his moveset but since I don't have and don't plan to get the Vorticon games or have the CK9 mod I don't really know anything about how Mortimer attacks aside from reading about the Mangling Machine. In the few mods that feature Morty can anyone tell me the stuff he uses? If you can, omit nothing, every detail is useful.

:mortlol vs :D ftw I say!
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

neutral stunner - temporarily immobilizes all neutrons in the target, to explosive results
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Well there's very little canon info on this. I guess it would be fitting to give him a more violent version of the Neural Stunner (in K9 this was called Brain Blaster) that can kill. He's probably going to use melee attacks every now and then too, seeing as he used to beat Keen up and give him swirlies.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Nospike wrote:Well there's very little canon info on this...
That's to be expected really. Anything will do really, I am looking to add modded attacks anyway.
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

In the CK9 mod he just uses the same stunner than Keen has. But personally I don't see him straying away from lethal weapons like the one Keen used in the Vorticon series. The stunner more than likely is meant to keep Keen as more of a kids game, even though Mortimer is driven to attempt universal genocide.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

'A Single Death is a Tragedy; a Million Deaths is a Statistic'

Also, Mortimer's Manchester United.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

guynietoren wrote:In the CK9 mod he just uses the same stunner than Keen has.
This is incorrect; Battle of the Brains features Mortimer using a lethal pistol modeled similar to the Keen 1 Raygun. There is some discrepancy in what the weapon is called: the hints sheet lists it as a 'Brain Blaster', the end-game segment calls it a 'Hyper Pistol', possibly confused with the Keen 2 Vorticon HyperPistol. Mortimer's shots, aside from being lethal, will break Keen's Neural Stunner shots and continue unimpeded.

Nospike has a good point about Mortimer's physical prowess manifesting in the form of some kind of melee. I imagine he might also tech-out his helmet or shoes or some other mundane object to use to his advantage.
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

With all his intellect, I imagine Mort as the type of villain to build large mechanical or biomechanical robots/suits to aid him, rather than fight Keen on his own. Or, use something like a vitalin serum to enhance his abilities like in Keen 9. He seems like the kind of villain that would prefer to cheat with his intellect. He reminds me of the Riddler a lot, actually.

I think it would be cool if Mort could develop some telepathic technology, seeing as he's a genius and all. When you have a villain with unlimited resources and brainpower, there's so many options you can explore.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Gridlock wrote:I think it would be cool if Mort could develop some telepathic technology, seeing as he's a genius and all.
If only he could devise some kind of mind-belt technology...imagine the possibilities
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Hm, so it seems he enjoys a bit of rough play. Good, I was intending to make him a more physical fighter and rely less on armaments. I'm getting a good idea of how I want him to play now.
Does Mortimer pogo as well?
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Yes, definitely. Maybe rocket shoes though, something to outdo Keen at any rate.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Levellass wrote:Yes, definitely. Maybe rocket shoes though, something to outdo Keen at any rate.
All proper evil geniuses have rocket shoes, so that's a must.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Gotcha! Thanks for the help everyone, if there's nothing else I believe I have enough to work with. :D If everything works out I'm likely to ask for help later on, but that seems to be well into the future.
Commander Shriek
Vortininja

Post by Commander Shriek »

StupidBunny wrote:
Gridlock wrote:I think it would be cool if Mort could develop some telepathic technology, seeing as he's a genius and all.
If only he could devise some kind of mind-belt technology...imagine the possibilities

I thought he had mind-belt technology in Vorticons? :confused
SHRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Commander Shriek wrote:
StupidBunny wrote:

I thought he had mind-belt technology in Vorticons? :confused
That's the point. Sarcasm included.