A new mod project on Twitter...

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

A new mod project on Twitter...

Post by KeenRush »

I just opened https://twitter.com/krmodlab -- a Twitter account where I'll be reporting live the progress on my new mod. I don't expect anyone to be interested, I just want to try this for a change because most of the time or always so far I've been pretty quiet while working. :goth This time I want to let others hear my anger and suicidal thoughts when I can't get something working or spend 7 hours trying to find something in the source code. :furious
Let's see how this goes and if I keep using this after this project... At any rate the project begins later today, not before dinner though :dopefish, and I'll tweet (I hate this word) some details over there.
So "tune in". :old
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

This should be interesting! I don't have twitter so cannot subscribe right now but who knows, this might be the reason I join!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

This sounds very interesting though I, too, don't have twitter.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Keen 2 - awesome! the best keen!
Image You crack me up little buddy!
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Oh I am instantly following you this instant. (Not that I ever check Twitter though...)
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Oh good, we'll see some interesting Keen 2 patches that will not be explained or shared with anyone. Should be interesting.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Levellass wrote:Oh good, we'll see some interesting Keen 2 patches that will not be explained or shared with anyone. Should be interesting.
At least this way they'll be stripped of their context.

Sounds good, KR!
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

I've decided to copy Kr's idea and make my own moddlab on twitter. I figure this will last for about a week until I forget my password. Tweets will be somewhat more cryptic because I don't want to spoil anything more than I already have.

https://twitter.com/lemmodlab
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I can do the same in the forum. I don't know why I need a twitter to do this.
Captainkeen
Vortininja

Post by Captainkeen »

good to hear your working on a new mod keenrush. And it's keen 2, yah! So you are just gonna tweet about your progres but not actually showing anything until it's ready right? Actually it might also be an interesting project to start on a mod and then immediately share what you have so people can give feedback, but yea that's just an idea maybe for another time.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I don't know yet! I might show in-progress material this time. Just not sure if I should. :confused
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

'And here is the most recent shot of level 2'

'It's blank'

'Yes, in this mod he only color I used was white.'
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Hey KR, I see you've put this twitter/modding work on hold. I hope you haven't become disheartened over the twitter thing. On the one hand, tweeting could help incentivise a modder to work at a consistent rate, but on the other hand it could put an unnecessary burden of stress on the project. If the latter is the case for you, then maybe you should focus directly on the mod, maybe giving more infrequent updates, or indeed teasers, via twitter.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Benvolio wrote:Hey KR, I see you've put this twitter/modding work on hold. I hope you haven't become disheartened over the twitter thing. On the one hand, tweeting could help incentivise a modder to work at a consistent rate, but on the other hand it could put an unnecessary burden of stress on the project. If the latter is the case for you, then maybe you should focus directly on the mod, maybe giving more infrequent updates, or indeed teasers, via twitter.
I second the motion!

Also, I would like to also announce a twitterfilled stream of live updates for my super secret mod project. If you wish to unlock a few mysteries, stalk me at https://twitter.com/breakdownhouse #keening
I've done a large chunk of work the past few days, so instead cluttering up and derailing topics with my screenies and spoilers here, project-related news will be tweeted instead. At this rate, it might even be a Christmas project. :eek :O :christmas
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!