In Search for Missing Mods

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Grandy02
Vortininja

In Search for Missing Mods

Post by Grandy02 »

Since May, I added numerous mods to the mods lists of KeenWiki, as they had not been updated for some months. I found them by browsing the forum (mainly the release section), and I also stumbled upon some years old topics with mods not included before. But at least two of them can't be downloaded anymore, does anyone still have the following ones?

One-Level Mod by elecdude33 back from 2008, based on Keen 0. Download link is broken.

The Revenge Of Koop 1: Return to Mars by Bloog (Bloogs First Mod) from 2011. The file hoster (Hotfile) has been shut down.

If there is any other mod (or level pack) missing from the Vorticon, Galaxy and Other Mods pages, feel free to add them. There still could be some, especially under "Unofficial Keen Games" and "Other Keen Stuff". For years I hardly followed the community at all, regular contributors might know more.
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Good to hear the keenwiki gets some love again, I had a brief moment of motivation beginning of this year, but somehow things I suggested didn't really catch on so I lost this motivation again.
I wish I could help with those two mods, but even I haven't heard of them.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

tulip wrote:Good to hear the keenwiki gets some love again, I had a brief moment of motivation beginning of this year, but somehow things I suggested didn't really catch on so I lost this motivation again.
Could you tell me about these suggestions and/or post links to the respective topics, please?

By the way, I found a thread about a mod called Keenwarp1 on Keen:Modding. Not that there wouldn't be a lot of unfinished mods, sadly, but this one apparently even had a playable beta sent to some members. But I'm assuming that you (tulip) already tried to recover it?
And then there's a topic by KeenRush from 2005 about a nearly finished Keen 1 mod with 27 levels. Is this also a lost one or did it become the base for one of KR's later mods?
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Do you still need 'Koop'? It is one of my favourite mods of all time. Although, that said, I think I enjoyed VBB and Para's 20-minute let's-play even more. Anyhow, I have a copy and can e-mail it to you...
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Benvolio wrote:I think I enjoyed VBB and Para's 20-minute let's-play even more.
I know this is off-topic, but could you send me the link to that please?
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

Benvolio wrote:Do you still need 'Koop'? It is one of my favourite mods of all time. Although, that said, I think I enjoyed VBB and Para's 20-minute let's-play even more. Anyhow, I have a copy and can e-mail it to you...
Wow, great to read that someone still has it! Maybe you could just put it on Dropbox like your latest mod so that anyone can get it? :) And the other one, too, if it's not available online anymore?
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Alright! Here's the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73349451/Mod1.zip

I'm not guaranteeing the longevity of the link, so I would be much obliged if those who feel as passionate as I do about preserving this mod for posterity should save and/or mirror a copy. In fact, I think it should be selected for preservation in the National Mod Registry of the Library of Congress.

Oh and here is the YouTube link, Keening_Product:
http://youtu.be/IOVh1FodoaM

Oh, I don't have the other mod by elecdude33!
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

@Benvolio: Thanks a lot! :)
Benvolio wrote:In fact, I think it should be selected for preservation in the National Mod Registry of the Library of Congress.
Hehe, I hope they're at least preserving Commander Keen! :D