Keen in a First-Person Doom Mod?

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.

Would you like to see a 2.5D First-Person doom mod starring Commander Keen?

A remake of any of the original episodes would be cool
6%
An episode with an original story would be even cooler
31%
I'd like to see a 3D/2.5D Keen game, but not with a first-person perspective
44%
I don't want a Keen game with more than 2 dimensions
19%

Total votes: 16

StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

That spritesheet looks good! :) I will post the one I did for the Bloog and the Shikadi later...they aren't as good as the one you made (they're all in a more or less 16-color palette) but they might still be worth using, if with some touching up.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Wow, that's quite a nice looking sprite sheet. Your walking frames are awkward though. After noticing that I set about writing a tutorial I've been planning for a long while. Read it here and you'll see what I mean.

Other than that, very thorough work. It'll be classy to see these sprites in action.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Really? I ran the face-view and the 3/4ths walking frames through GIF animator to make sure it looked natural, but I didn't test the other angles. The back foot in the side angle probably needs to be lifted up higher when it's off the ground.

Lol, I wish your tutorial existed before I ripped Hexen and Doom sprites to observe how walking works :dopefish

And about the pogo, I don't know how to make it work since I don't think ZDOOM has animation states for rising or falling through the air, though it certainly has one just for being off the ground. One of the frames may get cut out in production :dead2