Old abandoned project - Commander Keen Interactive Fiction

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Old abandoned project - Commander Keen Interactive Fiction

Post by ckguy »

Going through old USB drives can sure be fun! This evening I bumped into something that I had not thought about in a while - a Commander Keen-based text adventure game (or 'interactive fiction') that I was working on. According to filestamps, the last time I touched it was in May 2005. I don't remember for sure how far I got into completing it (I distinctly remember many events, but a few others I'm not sure if I ever got around to implementing or if I just thought about them).

Anyway, hopefully someone will be entertained by this. I've still got the source files, too (it was implemented in the very nice TADS 3 language, designed especially for writing text adventures).

Get it here:
http://www.bipship.com/db/archive/ckif.zip
or for the 7-zip minded among you:
http://www.bipship.com/db/archive/ckif.7z

(also - KeenRush I totally meant to post this in the unofficial Keen games forum - could you move it please? :blush)
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Moved. And ha, I like this game. 8) Granted I couldn't get further than into the BwB and back (I have no experience in games like this). I haven't seen many of these around, if even one -- with Keen theme, that is. I'm tempted to try something like this on my own. :dopekeen
Edit: Am still at the first room but I've managed to learn to do some things.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Found a bug:
Infinite Points! :D :P
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Oh no, bugs! Lol I haven't thought about this thing ... well since January 2009 probably.