shikadi's Levelpacks

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Re: shikadi's Levelpacks

Post by Syllypryde »

CK Guy wrote:Does anyone have these? shikadi made four level packs in a fairly short amount of time early last year, and I only seem to have one of them now. They were uploaded to savefile.com, and the links seem to be dead now. So if anyone has the two Keen 3 levelpacks, or the Keen 1 levelpack (the Keen 6 levelpack is the only one I do have), I'd much appreciate an email or a re-upload somewhere.
Is one of Shikadi's Keen 3 levelpacks called Death to the Vorticons? If so I have the Zip file for it! For the life of me I cannot remember where I downloaded it. This was only a few weeks ago.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

DttV is actually a mod by him (albeit with non-extensively-modified graphics).
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

CK Guy wrote:DttV is actually a mod by him (albeit with non-extensively-modified graphics).
My mistake! Originally, I had thought it was half mod half levelpack. The only significant changes seem to be the Vorticon VI worldmap, and most of the inner level graphics are ripped from Keen 3. What was changed does look good.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

shikadi just sent me over his levelpacks. I uploaded them to bipship.

The filename has been altered by your system from "shikadi's" to "shikadi'\s"

I hope that's no problem.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Well, it's probably a small bug, but they seem to have arrived successfully.

edit: What're the lvlpacke, lvlpackh, lvlpackn? Easy, hard, normal? I don't remember there being three difficulty levels for any of his levelpacks. I could be mistaken, though. If so: do you know if this was his first or second Keen 3 pack? (I'm pretty sure there were two.)

edit again: Hold on, I'm trying to get some links for you guys to use. The inserted blackslash thing caused more problems that I'd thought.

edit again: Allright, I renamed them so there are no strange characters in them:
http://www.bipship.com/db/uploads/shika ... vlpack.rar
http://www.bipship.com/db/uploads/shika ... lpacks.rar
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Ah (E)asy (N)ormal (H)ard, I didn't get that far. :o
Well this is what I got form him, I shall ask him about it, as I don't recall different difficulty levels either.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

CK Guy wrote:Well, it's probably a small bug, but they seem to have arrived successfully.

edit: What're the lvlpacke, lvlpackh, lvlpackn? Easy, hard, normal? I don't remember there being three difficulty levels for any of his levelpacks. I could be mistaken, though. If so: do you know if this was his first or second Keen 3 pack? (I'm pretty sure there were two.)

edit again: Hold on, I'm trying to get some links for you guys to use. The inserted blackslash thing caused more problems that I'd thought.

edit again: Allright, I renamed them so there are no strange characters in them:
http://www.bipship.com/db/uploads/shika ... vlpack.rar
http://www.bipship.com/db/uploads/shika ... lpacks.rar
I could have sworn I read somehwhere that one of his level packs did have different difficulty levels. Don't quote me on that!
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

By the way CKGuy, I was browsing through the Keen Internet, and there are two level packs on Cerebral Cortex that don't seem to be anywhere else. One's a Keen 5 level by Grelphy, the other is a Keen2 pack by a guy called Dagneilius. I didn't download them though, because CC314 wants a fileplanet subscription, but for the sake of completeness you might want to get them.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Thanks.

Also, I have now gotten totally distracted by Memory Lane Strolling at CC314. :D
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I found some mods where missing on your mod page, so I took the freedom of uploading them to bipship.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Thanks! I'm adding them to the mods page right now.

Death to the Vorticons 2 had already been uploaded (I think by shikadi himself), but I had never gotten around to adding it to the mods page.

As for the rest - where did you find them? Old posts at K:M? Do you know how the two Christmas mods (the first my 'lass, the second by 'lord), and the 'Gorti Vrinch' one relate to the 'Christmas Mod' I already have by 'Benvolilord' (Benvolio + levellord)?
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Right, dttv2 was uploaded to your site, I forgot I downloaded it from there. :dead
The christmas mods have been a while on my computer. I got them from keenmodding. The Gorti Vrinch is a 2008 mod, so it's quite new. I don't know how old lass' mod is, but I just found out about it myself. I mistook it for an update of that llord mod and just put it in my xmas mkII directory. Recently I looked over it and discovered it is indeed a different mod. The mkII mod was released several years ago, and is merely patched monsters and edited graphics for Keen2 I think.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

CK Guy wrote:Thanks! I'm adding them to the mods page right now.

Death to the Vorticons 2 had already been uploaded (I think by shikadi himself), but I had never gotten around to adding it to the mods page.

As for the rest - where did you find them? Old posts at K:M? Do you know how the two Christmas mods (the first my 'lass, the second by 'lord), and the 'Gorti Vrinch' one relate to the 'Christmas Mod' I already have by 'Benvolilord' (Benvolio + levellord)?
What is DTTV2 like compared to the first one?
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

I don't know, I actually haven't played it yet. :o You can download it here, though: http://www.bipship.com/mods

edit: direct link http://www.bipship.com/db/mods/dttv2.rar
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I haven't played much yet, just the first two levels. Graphics are edited a lot more (mostly put together from other mods and games), it's got its own story (short but its own). It looks nice I think, maybe worth a try.