Keen 8: Dead in the Desert

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

I just sent Ceilick the last song a few minutes ago.
I'm just as excited about the final release as everyone else is!
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Re: A preview of what to expect.

Post by _mr_m_ »

Arjak wrote: -The music is top notch. If you disliked the music in Keys of Krodacia, you'll have nothing to complain about here. If I dare say so, some of the songs rival Bobby Prince's work on the originals.
I know Im double posting, but I didn't catch your comment til it was too late, Arjak

-- Thanks! It's good to hear positive feedback on my work! :o

To my knowledge, 2 of ZidaneA's songs are in there (which I really liked, by the way...give yourself a pat on the back there, ZidaneA!), the rest are my work...it's pretty easy to figure out who did what. There's some real differences in our styles..but they go together quite well in the context of Keen 8.
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

You don't have to double post if you copy the quote and paste it in edit... but who cares about double posts except those snobby sm.netters (and forums about stuff that's not obscure)
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

I also really enjoyed the music, _mr_m_. It makes the levels so much more atmospheric.
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Re: A preview of what to expect.

Post by ZidaneA »

_mr_m_ wrote:
Arjak wrote: -The music is top notch. If you disliked the music in Keys of Krodacia, you'll have nothing to complain about here. If I dare say so, some of the songs rival Bobby Prince's work on the originals.
I know Im double posting, but I didn't catch your comment til it was too late, Arjak

-- Thanks! It's good to hear positive feedback on my work! :o

To my knowledge, 2 of ZidaneA's songs are in there (which I really liked, by the way...give yourself a pat on the back there, ZidaneA!), the rest are my work...it's pretty easy to figure out who did what. There's some real differences in our styles..but they go together quite well in the context of Keen 8.
I've only heard three of your songs yet, but I like them alot! It's gonna be exciting to hear the rest of the soundtrack! :)

Yes, they're called "Snakes on a BwB Megarocket" and "Robotic Keenery" (I don't know which levels they are used on though).
Thank you, I'm glad to hear that! :) I just hope that everyone else thinks so too, since I really want to compose more songs for the next installment.. (But if people prefer your style over mine though, I'll wthdraw myself back into the shadows, excitingly waiting for the next game to come!)
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

And it's done and posted :) Keenrush, do you think this thread here can be locked? I'd like to have all further "dead in the desert" discussion to be restricted to the release forum. Thanks.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Or you could just move the topic.
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Deltamatic wrote:Or you could just move the topic.
Or we can post in this topic from an alternate dimension, where the mod is perpetually unreleased (what a terrible dimension that would be!)
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Oh.

Good point. I hadn't seen the other thread when I typed that post.
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Hi there,

I also tried the game out and I really like it. I hope we'll get it into CKP some day.

I've seen one thing that could be improved. The cave on the map isn't a teleporter, but you here the sounds of one. Maybe you could remove that sound.

But Congratulations! It's a very nice game! Looks like Keen is more alive than ever in this time!
condenaocadista
Grunt

Post by condenaocadista »

I know this is an old thread, but I am playing it and have a little question..

I beated the dessert, then the caves with fire, then the palace and the little island after take that submarine/boat...

And now? I don't know where I have to go :/.

Thanks!!
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

Have you checked up on Impostor Keen back at the beginning of the world map? ;)