unofficial keenmod speedrunning

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

unofficial keenmod speedrunning

Post by shikadi »

Did anybody ever tried to speedrun a non-official keenmod?

i am not sure, but i think mods are usually much harder then normal keen games, so this might be an achievement like normal keens, but here not so much ppl tried yet, while its very hard to get a better time in any normal keen game, here you usually start the first one

number of mods speedrunned
Keenq:
5:23 (.found here)

keenq is realy possible to do within 5 minutes
Last edited by shikadi on Wed Jul 08, 2009 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
nothing usefull here
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Whoa, you start right out with KeenQ! Well, I can see some mistakes you made in your video, so it should theoretically be possible to be faster still, but I can't beat it. I haven't got the nerves for it. You have some skills there! Maybe I'll try and speedrun something easier, like X-mas mod.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

there just one part in the second level were i keep dying (i died once in the speedrun), i am 100% sure that with some training less then 5 minutes is possible, as the start of the first 2 levels were rather bad.

and yes, i started with keenq :o

keenz, keen smile or a new dope, anyone?(not me)
nothing usefull here
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

shikadi wrote:there just one part in the second level were i keep dying (i died once in the speedrun), i am 100% sure that with some training less then 5 minutes is possible, as the start of the first 2 levels were rather bad.

and yes, i started with keenq :o

keenz, keen smile or a new dope, anyone?(not me)
As a moderate Keen player, I do not have the skills yet to speed through most of the official games let alone the mods. In a way I am kind of suprised you even play Keen anymore. It seems to me it is too easy for you and you would have gotten bored by now.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

uh.. I've tried speedrunning through episode dash a few times :p
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

Syllypryde wrote: As a moderate Keen player, I do not have the skills yet to speed through most of the official games let alone the mods. In a way I am kind of suprised you even play Keen anymore. It seems to me it is too easy for you and you would have gotten bored by now.
i still can't get past the third level of smile, and i probably never will
it still toke about 5 hours of trying before i got this one out, which can still be much better.(first time i got to the end without dying, negating the begin of the second level, were i die a lot)

i don't play as much as 3 months ago (were 8 hours a day wasn't an exception), but i dind't quit (yet), *tries to remain active on the forum*.
Last edited by shikadi on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
nothing usefull here
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Gasp! How did you know I was making my mod speedrunnable?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Good work with the video, KeenQ has so confusing levels, I couldn't remember them well enough to speedrun them. I'd like to speedrun XkyKeen1. Once I was rather efficient at it, some summer I used to, for a few weeks, run through the episode on almost daily basis. :)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Now THAT'S dedication. :eek