New Mod

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

I second the liking of the title.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Hooray! This looks to be a bit blue, interesting!

I can't say much from what I've sen, I need to play a mod to really appreciate it, but it looks as if, as has been said, Shikadi is evolving as a modder, something that I wish I could say about me. I'm all excited now.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Levellass wrote:Hooray! This looks to be a bit blue, interesting!

I can't say much from what I've sen, I need to play a mod to really appreciate it, but it looks as if, as has been said, Shikadi is evolving as a modder, something that I wish I could say about me. I'm all excited now.
Levellass, I made comments about your mod. Did you happen to read them?
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Great, I almost missed this post. Yes that screenshot look very disorienting with all those foreground tiles, but I'm sure it'll be fun to play.

There's still two more mods forthcoming:
- Tribulation of the Yorps (Keen 3), A mod started by ceilick continued by me with the help of shikadi and maybe stealthy if he finishes his level
- Silcar 5 (Keen 5), which will still take some time, and despite being a Keen 5 mod will be in the classic 2D view.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

tulip wrote:Great, I almost missed this post. Yes that screenshot look very disorienting with all those foreground tiles, but I'm sure it'll be fun to play.

There's still two more mods forthcoming:
- Tribulation of the Yorps (Keen 3), A mod started by ceilick continued by me with the help of shikadi and maybe stealthy if he finishes his level
- Silcar 5 (Keen 5), which will still take some time, and despite being a Keen 5 mod will be in the classic 2D view.
Once Ceilick finishes DITD and you finish Onward: Silcar 5, we will then have one mod each for the Galaxy games. I assume Tribulation of the Yorps is the sequel to Crash on Gobo III and Planet Destruction?
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

will be good to finnaly have some full galaxy mods(2d galaxy mods, interesting, would that be possible with a minumum of graphics?).

there are now 5 levels done , and not much more graphics then when i started the thread. 1 Enemy is working like i wanted it to:

The "Spectral Assasin". which is the invisible enemy, the places were they are is marked with a sign sayin "hidden horror". (if there are 3 specters then their are also 3 signs).
Spectral assasins are the tank robot replacement, but you do not have to fear to get shot out of nowere, the shot splashes on the specter, saying were they are.
nothing usefull here
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Yes Tribulation is the sequel to planet destruction, although Ceilicks graphics look a lot brighter than in planet destruction.

Oh boy, that spectral assassin guy sounds awesome, I saw your patch request and was wondering what would become of it.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

shikadi wrote:will be good to finnaly have some full galaxy mods(2d galaxy mods, interesting, would that be possible with a minumum of graphics?).
:lol
.........The "Spectral Assasin". which is the invisible enemy, the places were they are is marked with a sign sayin "hidden horror". (if there are 3 specters then their are also 3 signs).
Spectral assasins are the tank robot replacement, but you do not have to fear to get shot out of nowere, the shot splashes on the specter, saying were they are.
An invisible enemy? That is definitely new. I am looking forward to see how that turns out.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

That invisible enemy sounds pretty cool :)
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

new screen avaible

less confusion this time :dopekeen
nothing usefull here
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Better. 8) (Strange that I haven't really even thought of taking advantage of the foreground tiles to increase difficulty... :bloody)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

it mostly started out with the fact that ppl found i used not enough eyecandy (dttv2), so i desinged a few tiles that could work for entire levels, and with so much tiles i was thinking: foreground or background.... (and now i forgot which one i did choose :dopefish )
nothing usefull here
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

just to keep the interest, i let you see a screen of lvl 10 (the newest lvl for now)

it also shows a new feature, colorless doors. you don't know what the door is , so i hope you won't have much trouble finding the right color. (usually its a choose between 2, and choosing the wrong one traps you together with a hazard tile and the wrong key 8) )
nothing usefull here
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

So based on a random choice that is perfectly reasonable, you could get trapped and have to start the level all over again?
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

yes, ins't that funny, but it only happens twice (for now) in the same levels, both of them are at the start (after each other)
nothing usefull here