List of fan games on CKWiki

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

I added my own silly attempt, Project Keen.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Qamel
Grunt

Post by Qamel »

Hah, you have all my old games on there. Good to know that they still exist somewhere out there. I might have a few other games still somewhere in my old back up drives if anyone wants them. Though I think most were on Beyond the Pogo.
...Soon...
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Hey, thanks for adding my stuff on there, including the links to the threads. I appreciate it :)
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

When the PCKF was still at ezBoard, a German user named DasBrot uploaded two Keen 4 mods, but it seems that they are gone from the web, because of the attack in 2005 (haven't found them in the Internet Archive). They were named "DasBrot's First Mod" and "Trouble on Xion 2". I still have at least the former one. However, the levels were not yet edited, they were pure graphical mods (the second one also came with its own story). Do those fit anywhere?
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

For a couple of years ago, I actually planned to make a Commander Keen RPG with RPG Maker.

It was supposed to be a recreation of CK4 as an RPG. I made graphics, and music. Then I got tired of making it so I deleted everything.

If I added that game to the Abandoned Fangames section, no one will delete? Right?
Snortimer
Vortininja

Post by Snortimer »

ZidaneA wrote:For a couple of years ago, I actually planned to make a Commander Keen RPG with RPG Maker.

It was supposed to be a recreation of CK4 as an RPG. I made graphics, and music. Then I got tired of making it so I deleted everything.

If I added that game to the Abandoned Fangames section, no one will delete? Right?
Is there an Abandoned Fangames section?

Well, I guess there could be a list below the MAIN one. I think that the main list should be reserved only for those fangames which have some sort of actual release that could be downloaded. There are so many fangames that were never released (heck, I had one of my own even).
When the PCKF was still at ezBoard, a German user named DasBrot uploaded two Keen 4 mods, but it seems that they are gone from the web, because of the attack in 2005 (haven't found them in the Internet Archive). They were named "DasBrot's First Mod" and "Trouble on Xion 2". I still have at least the former one. However, the levels were not yet edited, they were pure graphical mods (the second one also came with its own story). Do those fit anywhere?
I'd say, "add 'em in". Add a note saying that the changes were only graphical and the levels were not yet finished. And add the download link that you have (upload it to Mediafire or something). Maybe someone else has the second one and will add it later on.
Member since at least 1998 with... ah... some long absences. I was even a moderator at one point. I'll probably keep coming back here and there as long as this place still exists.