Keen 9: Battle of the Brains

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Cuetlachtli
Grunt

Post by Cuetlachtli »

Deltamatic wrote:I doubt someone from Mexico would use the word "honchos". It would be like randomly throwing in an English word while typing in Spanish.
Perhaps not if that someone isn't a Spanish-speaking Mexican. There are still about 12 million indigenous people here who managed to keep their own languages and culture. Thank Ometeotl not everyone fell into Europeanization.
Deltamatic wrote:The text looks like it was written by someone who speaks English as a first language.
Thank you. English isn't even my second language. But it's nice to know that it is quite good. ;)
VikingBoyBilly wrote:He's Mayan, meaning he can do no wrong. His mere presence on the boards, let alone a post, makes my skin tingle with euphoria :love
Actually I'm Nahua.

OK, sorry for that offtopic (I didn't imagine that there would be so many writing about 1 joke-post). Now to the point:
Scarlet wrote:But imagine how creepy it would be if the person was a unique user?
So I guess it is creepy :dead2
I am new here (by the way: Hi everyone!). About 2 weeks ago I found Keen 7 & 8. I think the only worthy mods of this game ever made. And then I found out about Keen 9, so I was checking this topic. And I couldn't help myself to post something like I posted few posts ago. :crazy

Anyways: let's hope 9 will be at least as good as 7 & 8!
Arjak
Vortininja

Post by Arjak »

Glad to see you here, Cuetlachtli! It's always great to have new members!

And don't worry, we're just as excited about Keen 9 as you are! The 80 pages of almost nothing but wanting to know how much closer it is to being finished than it was 2 hours ago is proof. :p
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Ceilick's TUIT mods are the only worthy mods? Wrong.
There are many great mods, many WIP mods with real lots of potential (Spleen's Retrosis, the CKCM...), many mods/levelpacks with awesome level design (CK Guy's Keen 5 levelpack, AAMBA...), many revolutionary mods or levelpacks (Mink's Puzzle Pack, Szemi's Keen Xmas 2010 Special Edition mod...). Lately, I've even liked Vorticons mods more than Galaxy!
There is always something interesting on a mod, Vorticons or Galaxy, it doesn't matter. I don't really like the guys who say "Ceilick's mods are the only great mods" things, because it's not right. Yeah, Ceilick is one of the best modders, but saying something like "no mods can ever be as good" is just foolish IMKO.
Last edited by Nospike on Thu Oct 07, 2010 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Nospike wrote:Ceilick's TUIT mods are the only worthy mods? Wrong.
There are many great mods, many WIP mods with real lots of potential (Spleen's Retrosis, the CKCM...), many mods/levelpacks with awesome level design (CK Guy's Keen 5 levelpack, AAMBA...), many revolutionary mods or levelpacks (Mink's Puzzle Pack, Szemi's Keen Xmas 2010 Special Edition mod...). Lately, I've even liked Vorticons mods more than Galaxy!
There is always something interesting on a mod, Vorticons or Galaxy, it doesn't matter. I don't really like the guys who say "Ceilick's mods are the only great mods" things, because it's not right. Yeah, Ceilick is one of the best modders, but saying something like "other mods suck" is just foolish IMKO.
Szemi's and Levellass's Keen Xmas 2010 special edition. ;)
Yeah, piece of cake!
GameBird
Vortininja

Post by GameBird »

szemi wrote:
Nospike wrote:Ceilick's TUIT mods are the only worthy mods? Wrong.
There is always something interesting on a mod, Vorticons or Galaxy, it doesn't matter. I don't really like the guys who say "Ceilick's mods are the only great mods" things, because it's not right. Yeah, Ceilick is one of the best modders, but saying something like "other mods suck" is just foolish IMKO.
Links or it didn't happen.

:dopefish
Right here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6YbNIvUFg
Soundtrack Composer for:
-- Botfloria is Out of Flowers! -- The Atroxian Realm --
-- Mystery of Isis II
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

That old mod by KeenRush was great for being peaceful.

i could just sit back and relax (assuming i wasn't worrying too much about beating it).
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
Cuetlachtli
Grunt

Post by Cuetlachtli »

Nospike:

I didn't write that something sucks. I wrote that TUIT are the only worthy mods (in sense: FOR ME). That's because I love Commander Keen, but only series 4-6, and TUIT is perfect continuum of these series, they keep similar climate etc.

And I don't like revolutionary mods because they have different atmosphere than real Keens.
I don't care about Vorticons mods simply because I don't like Keens from 1-3. ;)
And for example AAMBA was glitchy (at least at the time I played it).
Last edited by Cuetlachtli on Thu Oct 07, 2010 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Overflow wrote:Links or it didn't happen.
Was that really meant as a "where can I get other mods?" question?

Go to Keenwiki in that case, otherwise ignore my post.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

About 2 weeks ago I found Keen 7 & 8. I think the only worthy mods of this game ever made. And then I found out about Keen 9, so I was checking this topic.
And then what you said earlier...
OH MY GOD, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either we're dealing with a bozo or a sock-puppet.
Cuetlachtli
Grunt

Post by Cuetlachtli »

Or maybe you don't know what is sarcasm and you couldn't find it in my first post...
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

That was too stupid to be sarcasm.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Cuetlachtli wrote:Thank Ometeotl not everyone fell into Europeanization.
Cuetlachtli wrote:Actually I'm Nahua.
My new favorite user :)
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Will you PLEASE stop posting, when you have nothing worth adding to this thread? For Oracle's sake, let it hibernate until Ceilick or whoever of the staff decides to awaken it.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Grimson wrote:Will you PLEASE stop posting, when you have nothing worth adding to this thread? For Oracle's sake, let it hibernate until Ceilick or whoever of the staff decides to awaken it.
I completely agree. Ceilick told me himself he will not return to this thread. These off-topic, counter-constructive posts are exactly the reason why he refuses to post to this thread anymore. Plus I get the impression that some people have the ridiculous idea in their heads that he "owes" them Keen 9! Ceilick does not owe anyone anything! He will release the game when he is good and ready! Acting like a bunch of petulant children is not going to get the game released any faster. Ceilick himself said his next update on Keen 9 will be in the release forum, so there is no point to keep this thread alive. Please let it die!

Patrick
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

This thread is now more filled with spam and "please stop spamming" posts than actual Keen 9 stuff.

Yeah, I realize I'm contributing. Just this once, though. I tend to stay out of this thread's way. :P
Wow look at me I'm lurking