Keen 9: Battle of the Brains

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Great to hear! Sounds like it will be finished real soon! maybe even on the 16th - my birthday! :drool
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

I had no idea y'all were that close. Keep it up, guys!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Oh well, I know what you mean. I was doing good with my project, but... Some things happened in life. And about the childish posts. Too bad spamming discourage you. Probably would discourage me too.

It's good that this time there is no promised date. But when the time comes for bet testing, a good beta testing would take additionally one-two weeks. So I don't see it coming this month.
mortimermcmirestinks
Owner of Club Vort

Post by mortimermcmirestinks »

I'm guessing the Game Over screen will be exactly like the Keen 5 one, but bigger? 8)
...says the most charming guy in the room.

I'm back... kind of? Not really.

You can also find me here.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

mortimermcmirestinks wrote:I'm guessing the Game Over screen will be exactly like the Keen 5 one, but bigger? 8)
Yeah... How do you show a whole universe exploding when nobody knows what the entire universe looks like from the outside of it? :dead
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
mortimermcmirestinks
Owner of Club Vort

Well, obviously, it's a big... black... thing... er......

What does the universe look like from the outside? I'll ask Mort to get me a picture.

StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

mortimermcmirestinks wrote:Well, obviously, it's a big... black... thing... er......

What does the universe look like from the outside? I'll ask Mort to get me a picture.
Talking about "outside the universe" is rather meaningless since the universe is wherever matter happens to be present. Even if the universe had an "edge" then going beyond that edge wouldn't technically put you outside the universe since you and whatever radiation you were emitting/reflecting would be part of the universe as well. And, of course, the universe doesn't have an edge (or a center for that matter), but is believed to exist in a sort of folded 4-dimensional space that can't be properly depicted in either a 2D or 3D model.
Mortimer McMire
Grunt

Post by Mortimer McMire »

IF you could go outside, here's a basic approximation of what it would look like:

You are here:

But as only me and a couple of others actually can, there's no point in really showing you.

But anyway, Ceilick, Great job! I'm looking forward to seeing Keen beat me.
You're all morons! You shall be destroyed!

I'm back from my three-day vacation to Mars. Ha! :mortlol
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

At some point early on the game over sequence was just going to be a non-descript section of space getting fried. Right now the sequence will have less to do with the Universe itself and more to do with a specific aspect of Mortimer's plan.
mortimermcmirestinks
Owner of Club Vort

Ooooooooh.... suspense....!

Mortimer McMire
Grunt

Post by Mortimer McMire »

I bet I know what's going to happen at the end.just kidding..
You're all morons! You shall be destroyed!

I'm back from my three-day vacation to Mars. Ha! :mortlol
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

Ceilick wrote:At some point early on the game over sequence was just going to be a non-descript section of space getting fried. Right now the sequence will have less to do with the Universe itself and more to do with a specific aspect of Mortimer's plan.

Too many Fringe references? The destroying universes thing has totally got me on edge.
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
c64cosmin
Vortininja

Post by c64cosmin »

This is how the surrounding Universe might look like.

I really hope that this episode mod will not be the final one. Because it would be interesting to take a unespected turn of the plot at the end of BOTB and then be able to continue from on.
Expanding the Keeniverse is really good and I bet every one would like to see more planets to explore and more aliens to stun.
Olso I like this delay from the release and the secrecy held on this mod.
Keep up the good work and in the name of every body make this mod the Ultimate ONE :begging
Keenfan
Vortininja

Post by Keenfan »

Ceilick and C.O.:
Just letting you guys know I'm waiting patiently and silently for CK9.
Keep up the good work and take your time.
From now on I'll not check this topic any longer as there could be some spoilers and a lot of useless "information" from other users.

It's done when it's done. And I will see it, when somethin happens in the release forum. :-)

So once again: Great work so far, take your time, I'm pretty sure I will love it when it's done. :dopefish
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Well it looks like my telephone and internet are going to be cut off in a few days, I'm going to have to rush through whatever I can before it's too late.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.