Working on TUIT epic battle game

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Hmmmn, I have to agree with you on that.

Ha. Imagine if enemies in games could reload *their* games. Every time you shoot one, you suddenly warp backwards several seconds.
Keen *Zap*

Slug *Rload* Heh heh heh!

Keen: *Zap*

Slug *Rload* Heh heh heh!

Keen: *Zap*

Slugh *Relaod*

*Tried to place an uncached spri-*
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

:lol :dead2
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

hey fleexy now that I've been reminded of it's existence, where do I download that diamond rescue game? I can't find it.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:hey fleexy now that I've been reminded of it's existence, where do I download that diamond rescue game? I can't find it.
Click my WWW button, allow the popup, and click the 'ad'. :p

To discuss the game, see http://therescueseries.forumotion.com
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Not Found
The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.�l
>:
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Oops. :oops I need to update that link. Click on the web address link for my forum, then click the diamond with a green arrow on the control bar.

We are sorry for any inconvienience this error may have caused. Please contact our support at 1-800-FLEEX-GAMES.[/microsoft error reporting]

Just kidding. :crazy
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Oh, I didn't get that those little icons were supposed to be regular forum links :confused It just doesn't become obvious until I hover my mouse over them. Maybe you should put text underneath because hover text just isn't enough imo :dead2
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Fleexy, I have an idea for combining your four games into one game:

You could have a main screen from which you select a mode with various button objects. On the left released event for the button objects, it takes you into a room (or randomly selects from a group, as the case may be) where the objects for that mode are (i.e., the proper Keen and Mort objects that either use their AI or respond to player input). All you'd have to do would be to reconstruct the objects from your other games into one of the games and program in the main screen.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Update!!!

I really tried to improve the physics, and I really tried to make a menu, but I just don't have enough skill. :( But, there are some nice new block exploding/cracking effects!! Play!! :crazy

Same link as before!
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

All you need to do to make a menu is make a new room, make it the same size as your other rooms, move it to the top of of the rooms list so the game starts in it, make some buttons on MS Paint, open another window of Game Maker so you can see your objects from other games as a reference, reconstruct those objects in your first one, make more room groups with the new objects in them, and make "go to room" events from each of the buttons' left-released events.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Genius314 wrote:
DaVince wrote:Your idea sounds nice. I just hope it will run in Wine when it gets released.
Probably not... I've had trouble getting any GM games working in Wine.
Sure, but I follow Wine closely... Lately they've been doing a bit more work on DIB and X rendering and related stuff, so who knows GM games will work correctly only a bit more in the future...

EDIT: looks like the game sorta works... It keeps pasting Keen and Mort on the background picture though, so it becomes a visual mess in the end. :disguised
Wow look at me I'm lurking