YAY!

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

I beat a level in Smile today, almost two. So that means three down and thirteen more to go! So at the rate I am going, I will have beaten this mod by the year 3140! :lol
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Great! Maybe next you'll make progress on -6!

Was the level that you completed blocking? If it was, you'll have no problem with Keen -6's first level.

*plays Keen -6*

Oh, garg it. This is harder than I thought. :garg I'm able to beat levels 1-3, and 4 going up, but :dead2 on 5. And forget about any others. :dead Hmm... I've done them all before, maybe my skillz are going down... :dopefish
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

I beat two more levels, five down, eleven to go.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Syllypryde wrote:I beat two more levels, five down, eleven to go.
In Episode Smile or my mod (Keen -6)? It's a great accomplishment either way. :) Congratulations! Enjoy Keen mod playing! :birthday
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

I beat Smile today!! :D (I think I skipped a few optional levels, though...)
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Deltamatic wrote:What we need to do to show whether poking around in an editor is superior is to have a group of Keeners play a level, memorize the map to it and play it again, before going into the editor and playing it again, and compare them to another group of Keeners who played the level, memorized the map and played it again, before playing it again without going into the editor. Then we can analyze the differences between the second and third times for the first group of Keeners, and compare them to the differences between the second and third times for the second group of Keeners so we could tell whether the skill increase between 2 and 3 was just an increase in practice or whether the editor actually improved it. The first group needs to memorize the map beforehand so that we can isolate the effects of the editor from the effects of learning the map, and the second group also needs to do so because then the only difference between the differences between the second and third plays for the different groups would be that the first group went into the editor.
Because there are so many keeners you could really divide the whole of us into three groups, right? :no

COMMANDER KEEN: Serious business. :korath
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Fleexy wrote:
Syllypryde wrote:I beat two more levels, five down, eleven to go.
In Episode Smile or my mod (Keen -6)? It's a great accomplishment either way. :) Congratulations! Enjoy Keen mod playing! :birthday
The subject of this thread is beating Smile.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

OK.

@Genius314: You completed Smile? Great! Try the Hotel again in Keen -6, if you have SP1 (which fixes a bug there that makes the Hotel impossible), you should have another whack at the Hotel! :christmas