Stupid References are stupid

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Re: Stupid References are stupid

Post by Benvolio »

The first two of your image links appear to be dead.... :dead2

ROFL @ Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure... it this some sort of lowlife bogus product à la "Commander Keen's Trek '96"?

Quillax
Vortininja

Post by Quillax »

That's strange, the images show up totally fine for me. They seem to be hosted on archive.shikadi.net. Maybe you have that domain blocked?

Good catches, Grandy02! That Cosmo one is very hilarious! :lol

Anyway, I found a few references:

I once saw a bag of dog food with an expiration date of March 14! Maybe that's the kind of dog food Mortimer gives to his dog! :mort

In Donkey Kong 64, the level Fungi Forest has tomato enemies that look just like the Tomatooths from Keen Dreams! They even hop after you! The only difference is that they are much bigger and have blue eyes.

In Pikmin 2, the enemy Pileated Snagret looks very similar to an enemy from Cosmo. Both have very similar methods of movement -- hopping!

Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!

CHOCOLATE MILK
Grunt

Post by CHOCOLATE MILK »

Apparently the first 100,000 digits of pi contain 92 instances of 314 and 91 instances of 315! This proves that Keen was the smarter one all along! And that's not even counting 3.14! :O

The first 10,000,000 digits of pi are a little harder to quantify though.