"Real" Commander Keen

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Retodon8
Vortininja

"Real" Commander Keen

Post by Retodon8 »

I found some "real" Commander Keens (Commanders Keen?) on Flickr.
The "other Keen" behind the first link also posted a pic (second link) on his own profile.
Apparently that was at Otakon 2007.
Also a completely different Keen randomly battling Cloud Strife, and a female Keen?

Double Keen
Other Keen again
With Cloud Strife
Female Keen
Lego Keen and Dopefish (bonus image; Lego minifigs aren't real people)
Retodon8
Sheep happens
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Awesome finds, thanks a lot. :D Ok, who are those three Keen guys? :p I'll eat my helmet if none is from this place... :helmet Also, the Lego dopefish is cool, never thought of building one. Although, I don't have much of green at all...
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

wasn't me, i swear
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

haha, those pictures are freakin awesome. I wish I had gone trick-or-treating as Commander Keen at least once. No one would have gotten it, but it would have been amazing.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

And that female, I think she might be the same that was quite recently linked in some topic where she was wearing a custom-made Commander Keen t-shirt. She probably is a Keen fan, considering that shirt and the fact her name is Commander Keen at Flickr. And of course this picture:
http://flickr.com/photos/cloudsong/2213775995/

@CK Guy: Why not go today? It'd be a fun trick to your neighbourhood and surely a treat for us. :dopekeen (Don't tell them I got you to it...)
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

KeenRush wrote:And that female, I think she might be the same that was quite recently linked in some topic where she was wearing a custom-made Commander Keen t-shirt. She probably is a Keen fan, considering that shirt and the fact her name is Commander Keen at Flickr. And of course this picture:
http://flickr.com/photos/cloudsong/2213775995/
She has the whitest skin of them all...
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

KeenRush wrote:@CK Guy: Why not go today? It'd be a fun trick to your neighbourhood and surely a treat for us. :dopekeen (Don't tell them I got you to it...)
No one would have any candy to give out, probably. ;) Also, I don't really have a costume - I have a purple shirt, but it's nowhere close to Keen's pink color. Oh, and I have no helmet to paint. And I definitely would tell them it was you who sent me. :p
DSL wrote:She has the whitest skin of them all...
This reminds me of a 'discussion' a loooooong time ago on the PCKF about how there is no sun outside, it's just an invention by people who don't like computers. It was pretty funny at the time. (This was back when I was still lurking - at least 2003, probably earlier. Why do I remember stuff like this?!)
bofubutt
Meep

Post by bofubutt »

Gonna bump this old thread. I was the Commander Keen on the right (the second of two Keens at Otakon - a complete coincidence!) I happened to stumble upon this thread while, believe it or not, browsing this forum, which I used to lurk obsessively (haven't been online much for a while though).

Great to see some pictures of it made their way online finally!
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Cool, man! Welcome to the boards. :)
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Random inappropriate emotikeen time!

:british

That really is an insane coincidence then? Two Keens with shiny helmets, red guns and almost-blue shirts? Brilliant.
bofubutt
Meep

Post by bofubutt »

I very nearly bought a pogostick, too, but I couldn't find one. >: