Fan-art thread

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Benvolio wrote::eek :drool Amazing! I wonder if windows pinball or indeed any other pinball could be programmed to make this actually happen?
It's a simple enough matter to adapt a table from Epic Pinball.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Paramultart wrote:@wiivn

I'd do without the Apogee logo.
I might remove it, but It will be interesting to know why.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Oh yeah let's do an epic pinball mod!

And while I do think the Apogee logo looks nice there, I think it's generally not a good idea to use real company logos in an independent fan project.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Not only that, but Keen is more of an ID game than an Apogee game. Plus, that logo postdates the original Keen games.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Yeah, all the points about the Apogee logo are valid and it should be removed. Maybe BABYSITTER should be there to be lit letter by letter.

If this can be made in a mod, that be cool. I haven't seen any Epic Pinball mods though. I've seen some 3D table remakes of it, but that's a different thing. If someone is willing to make this kind of table works in any pinball, I'll make and provide all the necessary graphics.
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

Perhaps the Keen source code could be use to make Keen pinball. The physics code would need to be rewritten, but I think that much of the graphics, sound, and menu code would be salvageable. It looks like you could make that Keen 6 table with three tile planes.

As the table is 320 px wide, it wouldn't need to scroll left to right, allowing you to use one shift for most of the sprites.
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Yes this would be nice. Could have more than one table based on level tile sets. To me it feels like the original keen sound effects would fit really well here, since they're more arcade like.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I've made these a while back for the JJ2+ Splash Screen replacement contest just for the lulz. The art in them isn't mine, just found some over the web.

-

-

The contest is over and obviously, the original art won. DoubleGJ and Hare made those:

So I wonder if anyone here is drawing with a pen and tablet or with some wacom products. I actually own a wacom bamboo, but to me it's not really comfortable to draw with it. Aaand I'm seriously considering buying something expensive, so I can draw directly on a screen.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

For some time now I've wanted to try wacom. In the dos/windows 3.11 era my father had some kind of wacom pad which was difficult to draw on. Maybe that could really be a good use for a tablet after all.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Second and third screens are cheap ripoffs. Third screen looks pretty legit.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

What is with that fourth one? I'm the grossest person here and that offends me.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

Looks more like Jazz Jackrabbit 18+.
Bablet
Vortininja

Post by Bablet »

Jazz? More like Ji-

You know what? I'm going to back off before I ruin someone's childhood with a sexual pun.

Today I have taken a step to becoming a better person.
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Sometimes some comments amazes me.
Levellass wrote:Second and third screens are cheap ripoffs. Third screen looks pretty legit.
How is the third screen a ripoff and legit at the same time? Not to mention that I've bold the statement that the art isn't mine.
Paramultart wrote:What is with that fourth one? I'm the grossest person here and that offends me.
I know it's kind of out of place, but how does it offends you? Does it offends you because it offends Jazz Jackrabbit, or does it offends you because of your perception of sexuality/nudity? I've actually spared one more ouf-of-place ripoff and offending one. :P

Anyways, if anyone is interested in playing some JJ2+ DM, PM me.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I clicked that link wiivn. I'm off to my first therapy session now