Fan-art thread

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Fan-art thread

Post by Roobar »

This is how I imagined Keen 6 back in 1995 or 1996. This was drawn entirely without looking at how Keen 6 is looking:

Also, Keen 4 map, which looks pretty accurate I think:

And I have foreseen Keen's future, obviously:

And one unfinished Keen 6 level:

I'm pretty much keen brainwahsed :(
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

That's not bad, the level especially looks great. I remember imagining a keen games years and years ago, but it was kinda like GBC in that it was exploring a collection of worlds rather than just one.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Hark ye!

I shall add that level to a project I'm working on, I shall transcribe it in its entirety as best I can tot he tileset I have.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Levellass wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 4:50 Hark ye!

I shall add that level to a project I'm working on, I shall transcribe it in its entirety as best I can tot he tileset I have.
Hand-drawn styled levels in a mod? Like the famous Bubbatom one from the contest 5 years ago?
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Level has been successfully imported using the basic game tileset, embellishments will be added later: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1tuzzkod3s4h ... l.png?dl=0
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Nuts!
seriously, add a couple of nuts, hide some seeds, and don't forget about conifer cones, plus some fruits and fungi. and nuts! put nuts all over the place. hazelnuts, chestnuts, acorns, almonds, pecans, pistachios, walnuts, mongongos, macadamias, cashews... I'm getting nuts.
out now (link) : Image
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Oh wow. That's cool!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Nisaba wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 16:11 Nuts!
seriously, add a couple of nuts, hide some seeds, and don't forget about conifer cones, plus some fruits and fungi. and nuts! put nuts all over the place. hazelnuts, chestnuts, acorns, almonds, pecans, pistachios, walnuts, mongongos, macadamias, cashews... I'm getting nuts.
That reminds me, are you free for beta testing sometime?
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Levellass wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:47 That reminds me, are you free for beta testing sometime?
what about tomorrow at high noon?
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Wow, that turned out nice Levellass! @Roobar, are those balloons in the top left corner?
on a side note: F POST! (get it? because it's my... nevermind)
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Nisaba wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 19:45
Levellass wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:47 That reminds me, are you free for beta testing sometime?
what about tomorrow at high noon?
High noon's no good for me, what about low noon? I'll just need you sometime in the next month to look a project over for weird 'not on my computer' crashes and major thematic issues. (Like 'Why does all the music sound like a cat being strangled?')
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Levellass wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:27 High noon's no good for me, what about low noon? I'll just need you sometime in the next month to look a project over for weird 'not on my computer' crashes and major thematic issues. (Like 'Why does all the music sound like a cat being strangled?')
vandalizing my computer... why not?! I got several testing environments (good old hardware, I can't let you go...) just choose one and we'll see if it can handle the $7FFB bytes. if we are lucky everything purrs like a kitten. sounds like a plan, doesn't it?!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

It's not the level size I'm worried about, I do a few things with hardware detection and I'm not sure actual non-dosbox systems will be able to run the game right as a result. I'm having some hints for example that even some dosbox setups may default to PC sounds.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

I'm delighted to test what ever you want me 2. but when it comes to a variety of hardware tests I assume Commander Spleen & keenmaster486 are a way better address. just check this thread over here real quick: https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/viewtop ... f=6&t=4044

I'm ready when ever you are...
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

I don't know if you remember this, but this is the multipass keycard from Keen 1 I made a couple of years ago. Here you go:

Yeah, piece of cake!