Fan-art thread

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Yeah. Some of mine are gone too. Beside Keen, I've got many others.

I've drawn levels from games such as Blues Brothers, Halloween Harry, Lemmings, Sonic, Pang, Kings Quest, Gobliins, Mortal Kombat, Doom, golf and mini golf games, Ironman Offroad and others.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Yep, I've drawn a lot of them too. Parts of it you can see in my mods. Maybe I should post some of my childhood pictures sometime.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

My hexen levels on paper have been trashed. I got into Deepsea when I was 15, and my Hexen wads are all trashed now, too :foot
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

I drew a ton of maps back when I was a lot younger. As cool as they were, most of the designs were impractical, though I think one or two I did manage to get working in a level. I wish I could find more of the papers, but I think most have been trashed or ended up within some black hole in my house where I'll never find them. I guess something about Keen just makes you want to make level maps. Now if only more people would make them for real. :p

This reminds me of a day when I imagined TUIT with places like a chocolate mountain and a hedge forest. I remember dreaming up enemies like a giant chocolate bar that attacked when you got close.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Well because I already started scanning today, I've decided to scan some more. I don't know when I will have the willing to scan again :). Last time was before 6 years...

For anyone interested, this time I'll show you Doom 2 multiplayer and singleplayer maps, Descent 4 + Out Fighter 1-3 :). Unfortunately the scanned images aren't that good.

The first level. I don't know in which year were these drawn. I suppose somewhere between 1994-1999. I think that was the period I was making wad levels for Doom 2 (later for Duke 3D).

Level 2. These terms may need basic knowing of which object/enemy is what in Doom 2.

This is level 4. Level 3 would be really boring in real dm game, so I skipped scanning it.

Level 5: direct fighting with no hesitation :)

Level 6: Things gets complicated here. A bigger level with the addition of monsters for killing.

There are some more multiplayer maps, but some of them are unfinished.

Now these are a single player maps, but with cooperative multiplayer. Unfortunately, the quality is worse because I've been using pencils and they aren't scanned good.

Funny enough, these maps appear to be a Doom III shareware episode :)

This is attempt at making Descent 3D map. I've made at least 3 or 4 maps. This is one of the better ones.

Now this is a fun one. I've started imagining improved Doom 2. The result is Out Fighter, which shows only a glimpse of what this could have been... I think at that time, Quake wasn't out yet, and I didn't knew about Duke 3D. Zargon and Master Demon are inspired from a not so popular sci-fi TV serial, which I don't know its name. Reading all of the enemy names now was fun :).

And finally, a glimpse of what Out Fighter 2 and 3 would look. Obviously, 2 would be inspired by Doom 2, and 3 is somewhat Duke Nukem 3D :)
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

The Master Droid reminds me of Krang from the old TMNT.
The only levels I've made were for Duke3D and Half Life 1. Haven't messed with 3D in quite a while.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

It looks like Arachnotron with glass cover. But yeah, there were a few episode in which Krang was walking in such a thing :).
Bablet
Vortininja

Post by Bablet »

...I'm so tempted to post the 'Sleeping Beauty Decapitates a vorticon' image from my first grade sketchbook (and its remake)
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Bablet wrote:...I'm so tempted to post the 'Sleeping Beauty Decapitates a vorticon' image from my first grade sketchbook (and its remake)
Doooo eeeet.
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Bablet
Vortininja

Post by Bablet »

I can't say you weren't warned (Please, take it easy on my first grade self, I still can't draw, yeah, but hey, at least I don't give people stub limbs anymore.)

Sleeping beauty is the 9th Keen fanart (Of POTENCIALLY TWENTY) Keen fanarts in this crazy half-of-a-blue-notebook (budget elementary schools for the win!)

So here's the picture I drew in grade one

And this is the remake I did a few months back

I plan to remake all my Keen fanart in there (or at least, the 15-17 that amuse me the most), but some of it makes... No sense whatsoever. Like the Killer!Sleeping beauty one, where she's depicted on a cheerful, bloodthirsty rampage (with a few other killer princesses?) and has recently slaughtered a vorticon wearing a crown with an acronym that presumably tried to mean 'Grand Intellect'.

What could the problem with that be? I must not have gotten that far in the games. This must have been what I SUSPECTED the GI would be.

...Remember how I said this was the 9th fanart? Guess who turns up to run away from giant mice and get knocked out by poisoned gekos?

Mortimer. Labled with a little M and an arrow because with my drawing "skills" back then, not even I could tell the difference (The arrows have proven very helpful to me now, as I know who's who for the remake)

Plus, I vaugley remember thinking, 'No wait, Mortimer's the GI. But I don't want to dicapitate him, it'll ruin the story. Okay, we'll make it this guy."

...Bablet's Lojik at its best! So, shall I upload the rest of 'Mes Idee'?
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I actually prefer the art style of the original picture rather than the remake. You should make the next remakes with exactly those round heads, make them your specialty. (If my opinion matters anyway)
You got a strange fantasy, especially in 1st grade, I don't think I would've thought of drawing a beheading back then, let alone killer princesses.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Bablet
Vortininja

Post by Bablet »

Hm, I'll experiment around with that!

Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with me. Whatever it is, it's been wrong with me for a very long time. And is still going strong!
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.
Scilicet
Vortininja

Post by Scilicet »

Mortimer is Red John! It all makes sense now.
Bablet
Vortininja

Post by Bablet »

Scilicet wrote:Mortimer is Red John! It all makes sense now.
...Lol who now? (Sorry, I'm kind of completely clueless)
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Heh have any of y'all seen this before? I ran into it while looking up "Vorticon" on Google images and was mildly entertained.