Becky Blaze

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Yeah, I agree. And she's a bit old here I think. When Bobby Prince mentioned her in "You've Got to Eat your Vegetables", she acted very young (and was supposed to have a very high voice). :disguised
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

Anybody up for a Galaxy mod? From the timestamps I can tell that that was a Vorticons mod, but now we have the software to do it!

EDIT: no longer another CKCM
Last edited by thehackercat on Sat Oct 30, 2010 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

If I could be of any assistance, I'm in! I can help design levels and sprites, but I'm useless for patches and music. :)
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
thehackercat
Yorp Doctor

Post by thehackercat »

Since you've all unanimously voted me as the project coordinator, I accept! Whoever wants to jump in, can. Gargapplesauce, you're welcome. I think I'll work on some music and maybe a few sprites. We have far more talented artists than me (and better musicians, but I called it first! :O)

No, really, whoever wants to do this can speak up.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Perhaps Becky is the second-generation Commander Keen. Billy would propably retire as he reaches teenage and pass the mantle to Becky (who's been secretly admiring Keen the whole time).
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Post by Toomuchsparetime »

What if Becky simply dons her older brother's football helmet that he left behind when he went to super-advanced university? And when I say "older brother" I'm referring to Billy. He would surely have grown out of Commander Keen by then.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Toomuchsparetime wrote:What if Becky simply dons her older brother's football helmet that he left behind when he went to super-advanced university? And when I say "older brother" I'm referring to Billy. He would surely have grown out of Commander Keen by then.
It'd be kinda freaky if Billy and his brother went to college together but I can totally see that happening. Then again Billy is Ivy League material and we don't know anything about his older brother's age or academic achievements.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Allstories
Annoyed Grunt

Post by Allstories »

Sorry I haven't posted in ages, guys. I'll see if I still have it laying around.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

What if Becky simply dons her older brother's football helmet that he left behind when he went to super-advanced university? And when I say "older brother" I'm referring to Billy. He would surely have grown out of Commander Keen by then.
Hah, like a human university would be able to keep up with Billy's intelligence. I imagine he'd be travelling off-world to study super-advanced subjects on other planets where they can actually teach him stuff.
Allstories
Annoyed Grunt

Post by Allstories »

Found it:

Also, here's a female Keen I did about 3 years ago (funnily enough, entered for the same pixel art contest as the other female Keen posted in this thread)

JMF
Grunt

Post by JMF »

Shadow Master wrote:
DaVince wrote:I still have a pixel art piece of Becky Blaze if you meant that, lemme upload it for a mo.

Edit: this?
IIRC that was made by some other artist.

I believe I saw the titlescreen Spleen's talking about in allstories' Keen1 mod preview menu.

EDIT:

Found the mod in my hard disk. It's the first preview pic.
Screenshot: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r176 ... 6/mod1.png

The mod in question (the Last Moon) sure is available somewhere for download still? If it isn't the case I can upload a zip to my website.

two things
1-shadow master, i never expected to find another chilean keen fan :O
that`s good

2. have you noticed... the guy who made this screen put too many effort in her breasts, that what i hate from some designers example: raneman and glowei from Blizzard, they have a fanatical tendency to make draws who show their lack of relationship with females (i must admit i dont have relationship with females thanks to a high school trauma, but i dont show this on my draws, you know just tryng to keep dignity (asi se escribe dignidad?))
by the way the other screen, uploaded by allstories is far better, shows becky as her own character , but stils keep the legacy from billy, something like that.... :dead
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I don't like how some of these artists sexualized the character.

Keen's sister is assumed to be very immature and naive judging from her behavior in the vegetables song. I would have assumed 5-6 years old, and definitely not an adventurous genius that wears her older brother's football helmet and saves the universe like Keen.
mortimermcmirestinks
Owner of Club Vort

Post by mortimermcmirestinks »

Her IQ when the's eight is 316. :O
...says the most charming guy in the room.

I'm back... kind of? Not really.

You can also find me here.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

JMF wrote:2. have you noticed... the guy who made this screen put too many effort in her breasts, that what i hate from some designers example: raneman and glowei from Blizzard, they have a fanatical tendency to make draws who show their lack of relationship with females (i must admit i dont have relationship with females thanks to a high school trauma, but i dont show this on my draws, you know just tryng to keep dignity (asi se escribe dignidad?))
How does drawing women with breasts show a lack of female relationships? Don't all girls have breasts? :crazy
But Keen's sister is supposed to be 4-5 years old so... [insert end of sentence here]
Honestly, I didn't even notice the small shirt creases implying bosoms until you pointed it out. She looks fairly flat-chested to me, which she should be. There's definately a lot of attention being drawn to her bare legs though :wormouth :pig :|
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Allstories
Annoyed Grunt

Post by Allstories »

Paramultart wrote:I don't like how some of these artists sexualized the character.
Cut me some slack, bro. I was 14. :o