How did you first discover how to read SGA?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

I was referencing the UFO cop out ending of the latest Jones movie. Turned my "oohh I wonder what happens next!" into "uh? What the heck?? Noooo it's ruined!!". The ending was more of a fanfic than something I'd consider as cannon.
c64cosmin
Vortininja

Post by c64cosmin »

I discovered the entire SGA on the internet...but before that...I looked in Keen 4( and Keen 1...the only ones I had) that there is sign...that said EXIT...olso they resembled pretty much with the propper EXIT latin letters. From this I think that the game developers first thought for the letters E, X, I and T but then extended them further.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

From this I think that the game developers first thought for the letters E, X, I and T but then extended them further.
I'd say everyone knows this. :)
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

First found it existed from the Keencyclopedia, then memorized them from the Keen Wiki.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

guynietoren wrote:I was referencing the UFO cop out ending of the latest Jones movie. Turned my "oohh I wonder what happens next!" into "uh? What the heck?? Noooo it's ruined!!". The ending was more of a fanfic than something I'd consider as cannon.
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Oh my... Yeah kinda like that but with clothes still on. Violated my childhood hero. Maybe that's what the original Starwars fans feel like.

But somewhat back on topic, I prefer the textured backgrounds of Keen 4 to the solid color ones found in Keen 5.

Finally back on topic. I think I tried to decode SGA once as a kid. Since I'm sure most of us older fans started with Keen 1 and 4 before ever seeing the non-shareware episodes. And before the Internet was available in '95. Used to get all my shareware games from dial in BBS's, or bullitin board servers rather.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Scrooge McDuck is better anyway.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

My uncle would float me down registered copies of games. (not always illegal copies, but I wound up getting all of his hand-me-down floppies in the end)

My parents were cheap and never bought me a single game in my life, except for Billy the Kid Returns, which I had to beg night and day for.

I'll never forgive my sister for smashing my original Monster Bash floppies, and for never replacing them while they were still available for purchase. :| :(