Keen in Super Smash Brothers?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Keen in Super Smash Brothers?

Post by Lava89 »

What if Nintendo put Keen in SSB? It could work, as I *heard* you need at least one Nintendo exclusive game on one of their consoles, which could work with Keen GBC. Even though it's highly, highly unlikely it would to happen, I think if they put Keen in the SSB it would help more people know of a relatively unknown, yet awesome game, as I have noticed that most people only really know iD software by Doom or Quake.

Controls could be; A + Any direction = shoot ray gun in direction of D-Stick.

B by itself = Activate Pogo stick, pressing it again deactivates it. B + Down = downward slam the pogo stick. B + Up = Keen head butts upward using his pogo stick. B + Left or Right = Push your opponent sideways while on Pogo. Y or X: Jump, and if you jump while on pogo, pogo slams are more powerful, if done right.

If you can think of better or more controls, feel free to state them.

Assist Trophies: Yorp Herd: a bunch of Yorps appear and push your opponents off the edge of the map.

Keen Maps:
Mars landscape
Armageddon Machine

Just an idea to throw out there :)
Herry Jerry
Vortininja

Post by Herry Jerry »

There should probably be a special attack other than pogoing, maybe he could stun enemies with his stunner, leaving them vulnerable to raygun attacks buahahahaha :bloody What would the dying sound be? Classic dying sound? Or maybe when he gets knocked off, the explosion followed by the 1-3 death sprite flying off the screen?

Awesome idea... I mean, there's Keen on GBC, GBC is Nintendo... there might be a chance of Keen being exposed to the world of SSB. :)

Might as well get Keen to steal some of Mortimer's mind-control belts, though, just in case :evil
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

I was thinking that about a week ago, after playing Brawl.
Down-air = Pogo towards ground
Forward Smash = Smash the bottom of your pogo into the other guys

I also think Mega Man and/or Zero would be cool.
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

You have to keep in mind that very often the abilities of characters aren't ~exactly~ ripped from their games. For example, Mario's up+B (coin punch) is something you with every jump in a 2d game, really--they just powered it up for attacking. Link's arsenal, similarly, was nerfed, as he usually has way too many different items to work on a single character.

If Keen was in SSB, his A attacks would have to be punches/kicks, the way every other character's are. Giving him a ranged attack on A is unbalanced. Let him swing the pogo stick around a bit (maybe for his down smash) or have some silly gimmicks in there (smack 'em around with a KeyCard or a bottle of Vitalin, for instance)

I think that his standard B should be the Neural Stunner--many other characters (Fox, Mario, Link, Samus) have a blaster shot as their neutral B. Keen fits right in.

For the Up+B, I agree with the Pogo Stick. It's a viable third jump, and it's no more out of place than Wario's, Sonic's or Pit's. It's an upward move that's true to the games it came from.

For Down+B, I'd let Keen produce a small field of stunning electricity, using his ComputerWrist watch. It would be similar to ZeroSuit Samus' stun ability, or Shiek's chain (or in Melee, Mewtwo's Disable), insofar that it sets the enemy up for further attack. I don't think it should absorb shots, or nullify projectiles.

For the Side+B, why not Boobus Bombs? They're canon to the Keen series, and they offer a projectile attack besides the Neural Stunner. While the N.Stunner might work very similarly to Falco's laser (slight knockback, minor damage) the Boobus Bombs would probably deal insignificant damage, zero knockback, but add a flower on the head of the character who got hit (like the Lip's Stick or Jigglypuff's new Rest).

The odds of Keen ~actually~ being in a Smash game are so close to zero it's not even worth speculating about, but I wanted to put some ideas out there. :)
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

I THINK DOOMGUY AND POCKY & ROCKY SHOULD BE IN SMASH BROS! And E.T. (from the atari game) :)
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

XkyRauh wrote: The odds of Keen ~actually~ being in a Smash game are so close to zero

Well of course not :P
XkyRauh wrote: it's not even worth speculating about, but I wanted to put some ideas out there. :)

I am doing the same thing, I am just "putting ideas out there" or more like just throwing out a "what-if"....I know there's more of a chance of Commander Keen teaming up with Duke Nukem for a typing game than Keen getting made in SSMB, but can't there still be room for imagination? :P
Stickmanofdoom
Grunt

Post by Stickmanofdoom »

If someone was so inclined, he could make a keen character for M.U.G.E.N.