Another level competition?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Another level competition?

Post by ckguy »

Who wants to do another level competition?

I had a great time playing through the levels in the Keen 1 and Keen 2 competitions, and it would be a good reason for me to do another Keen 1-3 level, which I haven't done in quite a while.

So, who wants another competition? Who would make a level?

And, also, importantly, what episode do you want? The obvious choice would be Keen 3, but we could do another Keen 1 or Keen 2 competition, or maybe even a well-known mod. I was just playing XkyKeen2 again, and was thinking about how it would be fun to do a level in that. Or A New Dope. Or Episode Y. Or Lego Keen. Or Monkey Business.

We need to get the PCKF back alive again!

(edit) I'd be willing to arrange this if we decide on something. (As in, I'll collect the levels, make the world map, throw the .zip together, etc.)
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I'll make a level. Keen 3 might be a good choice, yes. There are many mods that'd be interesting to make levels to, too. I've made level pack to XkyKeen1, few years back. :) I'd be more than happy to see more A New Dope levels. :D Lego Keen level pack would be fun.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

I'm up for whatever is decided upon. :) New Dope would be fun.
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

I'm willing to make a level for whatever game/mod is picked.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

I'm up for it. Need to stretch the old level editing muscles. Or some other failed analogy.

Making a level for a mod could be pretty interesting. Lego Keen sounds like a good one, then again so do the others.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I'll do this too. :)

I think doing a mod would be fun. I might do one of the XkyKeen episodes, espeically XkyKeen2 (probably remains my favorite mod.)
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

I was kind of leaning towards XkyKeen2, because I think it is my favorite mod. Any objections to this? Anyone prefer a different mod, or prefer an original episode? Xky, how would you feel making another level for your mod? :)

And lastly, what do you think should be the timeframe on this, guys? How long should entrants have to make their level?
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

I vote either Lego Keen or XkyKeen 2... of course, I might not get a chance to make a level, or even to play the finished levelpack...
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

I'd love to make a XkyKeen 2 level. I think about 1 to 1½ months would be plenty of time to get one done. Does anyone else think this is a good amount of time, or is it too long?
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

I'm okay with XkyKeen2... It'll be fun to revisit it. :) I think a month and a half would be too long. I'd lean more towards something like 20 days (3 weeks) myself.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

XkyKeen2 sounds good, yep, definitely. :) Am interested to try that one out.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

XkyRauh wrote:I'm okay with XkyKeen2... It'll be fun to revisit it. :) I think a month and a half would be too long. I'd lean more towards something like 20 days (3 weeks) myself.
In my earlier post, I was leaning more towards a month than a month and a half, but now that you mention it, 3 weeks seems like just the right amount of time to me.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

All right, XkyKeen2 and three weeks it is! I'll start another thread to that effect.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Cool! I'll be sticking that one up.