The Great Keen 6 Anomaly Hunt

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

The Great Keen 6 Anomaly Hunt

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Im continuing to experiment with Keen 6, attempting to find undocumented bugs and glitches, as well as uncovering the game's secrets.

Today I've found another glitch that I have not yet seen documented,EDIT* yet have just been told otherwise, the Midair Impossible Bullet Trick.

This glitch allows you to jump or pogo off of a bullet you fire in midair. It essentially grants you a double jump, making it potentially useful, though its certainly difficult to reproduce.

As I find new bugs I'll be posting them in a Youtube Playlist.

If you're using CosmicPanda or cannot access the playlist for any other reason, the video documenting this bug can be found here.

If anybody else finds glitches that you'd like to show, please post them here, I'd rather this not be a topic wasted only on the glitches I can manage to find. I'll update this whenever i can find something during my hunt.
Last edited by GARGapplesauce on Tue Dec 20, 2011 20:51, edited 6 times in total.
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Eros
Cybloog Slayer

Post by Eros »

mid-air impossible pogo shown in last level of the 6 min rocketjump k6 speedrun.

not documented due to difficulty in reproducing.
StupidBunny wrote:
kuliwil wrote:I wish that oa;fdjgnae;ogubneaogiearh;igbnerfgoajfsgoefnh
Granted. You have just had a severe stroke.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Don't waste your youth like I did, Garg... Go pick up skateboarding or something.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Paramultart wrote:Don't waste your youth like I did, Garg... Go pick up skateboarding or something.
Pfft. Sorry. I'm just chuckling over the irony of that sentance. :p

But garg, seriously, nobody gives a fucl about obscure keen 6 bugs and if you ever find any, it should be by accident, not by actively looking for them. Go work on SBSIES instead, please.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Paramultart wrote:Don't waste your youth like I did, Garg... Go pick up skateboarding or something.
GO POGO AHGOGO!
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
GARGapplesauce
Applesauce in Chief

Post by GARGapplesauce »

Oh all right, all right, I already see where this is going.

Back to SBSIES then.

Admins, arm your rocket launchers. Or just lock it. EDIT: Don't lock it, though you may still need your rocket launchers.

EDIT: Bear in mind that I wasn't planning on making this a full time job or anything. Just if i ever found anything interesting, I'd update it. We should just go by the "if you don't care, then don't say anything" rule of thumb I think.

If you do care, just check the playlist occasionally.

EDIT: Okay well I'll continue to add things if I find them then...
Last edited by GARGapplesauce on Tue Dec 20, 2011 21:00, edited 2 times in total.
Combine Garg and Apples in a bowl, simmer over medium heat for several years. Season with a pinch of regret.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Why? Cool playlist. It's fun founding such stuff.
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:But garg, seriously, nobody gives a fucl about obscure keen 6 bugs
Don't they? I Do. Then what's this forum for?

Keep at it, GargApple!
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:But garg, seriously, nobody gives a fucl about obscure keen 6 bugs and if you ever find any, it should be by accident, not by actively looking for them. Go work on SBSIES instead, please.
People here generally are interested to hear about obscure bugs in the Keen games, especially if there's a chance they've gone undiscovered these 21 long years. And besides, you're the guy who used to post all those "u guyz Garfield is teh Keen reference coz the colors are all like his helmet" threads so I wouldn't go saying what people do and don't give a fucl about. :P
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

StupidBunny wrote:"u guyz Garfield is teh Keen reference coz the colors are all like his helmet"
There needs to be a Garfield Keen Mod! :O
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

StupidBunny wrote:And besides, you're the guy who used to post all those "u guyz Garfield is teh Keen reference coz the colors are all like his helmet" threads so I wouldn't go saying what people do and don't give a fucl about. :P
I'm not even the one that made that garfield thread >:
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:
StupidBunny wrote:And besides, you're the guy who used to post all those "u guyz Garfield is teh Keen reference coz the colors are all like his helmet" threads so I wouldn't go saying what people do and don't give a fucl about. :P
I'm not even the one that made that garfield thread >:
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Let's take it personal in the Internet, yay!
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Sonic recolors are original!
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

Perhaps some of us prefer to believe that our favorite games are flawless. Not sure why else this topic would be offensive.