Pony Galaxy Adventure

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Violet CLM
Grunt

Pony Galaxy Adventure

Post by Violet CLM »

Hey all; this isn't mine, but I thought you might appreciate a link. The suggestion-based tumblr story Pony Galaxy Adventure is currently doing a Keen parody/homage/whatever.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Wow, welcome to posting Violet CLM! 4 years 2 months without a post is quite a record.

That's quite cool - interesting way to make a story interactive like that. Do you know if the person who is doing that is in the PCKF?
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

That is quite a nice find, Violet. I wonder who's doing this, it's probably someone familiar with the community in some way.

>2012
>Still doing ponies.
:dopefish
"Check out the red marker... it smells like cherries."
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

>Joined: 01 Nov 2007
>Joined: 04 Nov 2007

VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

This is the best spambot ever created. It mentions Keen, Galaxy, and Pogo in it's subject matter so it's on-topic with the keen community.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

MLP in PCKF?

Take that garg elsewhere.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:This is the best spambot ever created. It mentions Keen, Galaxy, and Pogo in it's subject matter so it's on-topic with the keen community.
It even links to something on-topic. Amazing!

Also Grimson has the best gifs.
Violet CLM
Grunt

Post by Violet CLM »

kuliwil wrote:Wow, welcome to posting Violet CLM! 4 years 2 months without a post is quite a record.
But... I've made ten other posts in that time! I've posted a Hocus Pocus music editing tool and abandoned fangame, talked about Jazz Jackrabbit, made a few random other posts -- where are you getting this zero number?
That's quite cool - interesting way to make a story interactive like that. Do you know if the person who is doing that is in the PCKF?
No idea. Obviously it's pretty easy to send them a link if you'd like.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

Violet CLM wrote:where are you getting this zero number?
I think I misread "10" or "11" as "0" at some stupid hour in the morning.
Lumpytoast
Vortininja

Post by Lumpytoast »

This blog just made my entire day. The concept as a whole is pretty cool too, I've always been a sucker for 'choose-your-own-adventure' stories. :p
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Grimson, posts like that aren't welcome. If you don't like it, then don't respond to the thread.

Neat find, Violet CLM, nice to see actually legit Keen references on here once and awhile. The C, T, Space cheat reference was particularly funny :lol
Violet CLM
Grunt

Post by Violet CLM »

Ceilick wrote:The C, T, Space cheat reference was particularly funny :lol
I can't prove it, of course, but that one was mine. :o (Also I may or may not have indirectly led to the whole thing by suggesting something or other (unused) about Vorticons at the very start of the adventure, because the scenario was so similar.)
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Ceilick wrote:Grimson, posts like that aren't welcome. If you don't like it, then don't respond to the thread.
Disliking something is a valid opinion. With the logic of posting only positive comments, we must stop posting at the SOPA thread because everyone is against it.

Plus my post was meant to be funny. I guess our senses of humour differ too much.
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
DHeadshot
Vorticon Elite

Post by DHeadshot »

Grimson wrote:
Ceilick wrote:Grimson, posts like that aren't welcome. If you don't like it, then don't respond to the thread.
Disliking something is a valid opinion. With the logic of posting only positive comments, we must stop posting at the SOPA thread because everyone is against it.

Plus my post was meant to be funny. I guess our senses of humour differ too much.
Ceilick doesn't seem to have a sense of humour about anything these days - it's as if becoming a mod required him to turn it in at the front desk...

Don't worry Grimson, we all got it...
Cereal Board!
Deltamatic wrote:Prepositions are things I end sentences with.
(Cereal wiki has sadly died)
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

DHeadshot wrote:Ceilick doesn't seem to have a sense of humour about anything these days - it's as if becoming a mod required him to turn it in at the front desk...
Eh, that seems to apply to PCKF as a whole, more or less.