Keen Day 2013

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Scarlet
Vorticon Elite

Post by Scarlet »

Sorry Keen's sister mini mod is being delayed. Perhaps by the end of the month we'll get something small out.
Join us for netkeen! irc://irc.foonetic.net/netkeen
Stay classy, Scarlet.
Ha, you really are a fucling legend aren't you you neocon netnanny.
By jove... You have exceptional taste in games, Scarlet!
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

So my school had a whole display at the library dedicated to Pi day-- but NO mention of Keen! They shall pay for this OUT RAGE!!! >: >: >: :vikeen :vikeen :x :x

well...at least till after I graduate :smokin
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

Happy Keen Day. Wore my Robo Red shirt to work today. No one cared :dead

Wish I had something to release. Maybe I'll get off my ass and finish some Netkeen Vorticons stuff later tonight.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

A late happy keenday entry from me. I haven't done anything this year which I find sad. Maybe on happy parallel universe day!
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Ceilick wrote: Wish I had something to release. Maybe I'll get off my ass and finish some Netkeen Vorticons stuff later tonight.
tulip wrote:I haven't done anything this year which I find sad. Maybe on happy parallel universe day!
Or we could change Keen day to December 14th (the day Keen 1 as shareware was released) and that'd give you guys a good nine months!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Welp,

troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

That's cool, wiivn!
Ceilick wrote:Happy Keen Day. Wore my Robo Red shirt to work today
And I wore my "in Goodbye Galaxy!" shirt!
Does anybody else want a Keen T-shirt? If they're still being sold, I'll buy one for someone this Christmas. ^^
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Boreas249
Vortininja

Post by Boreas249 »

SWEET MOTHER OF -- :O

Why does that look so much like Cold Shadow?!
Bablet
Vortininja

Post by Bablet »

Happy Keen day! I know I'm late to the party, and worst of all I've nothing to contribute, but at least I dropped in to say hi?

I can update you guys about the RPG, but I don't really have pictures just now. I'm working out chipsets for the sewers, because every RPG has slimes. Slimes are fun to draw, okay? Plus I made the boss super obeast.

And I wrote up some dialog for a certain scene halfway in. I might seem like I'm getting ahead of myself, but trust me,

Things will go just as planned. :mortlol

I mean, what?? XD Hahahahaa- I'm not suspicious and I swear I won't be lying when I say "They all lived happily ever after"?
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.
spikey
Vortininja

Post by spikey »

HAPPY KEEN DAY Mr and Mrs Threefourteens out there! (My wife said tonight- Is that his IQ? Noone's is that high! I lol'd.)

OK, some music. The plan was to upload two tracks, but apparently when checking and editing the final master of "Make It Tighter" just now, there's a glitch in it. Must be getting too close to 3/15. Anyway, I'll rerecord it soon if there's enough interest for this other track:
Too Hot (HQ MP3 of enhanced MIDI mix, converted and expanded from the original IMF->MIDI conversion)

Too Hot (converted MIDI)
Too Hot (MIDI minus flame effect, which is converted down to a Seashore flame-mimicking patch for basic General MIDI in the other file, so some may just find it annoying, while others may find it useful, so I give the option)

Also:

Wiivn, that looks amazing! Is that a cool photoshop or is this part of an actual mod? It looks very promising indeed, if that's the case.

Also also:
Does anybody else want a Keen T-shirt?
YES

:begging

That is all. ;)
Deltamatic
Vorticon Elite

Post by Deltamatic »

Happy Keen day, everyone :birthday
I've done some brainstorming about how Mortimer and Keen end up being supergeniuses, why there aren't alien supergeniuses, and the workings of the Keeniverse's galactic civilization. I hope to write my guesses out as fan fiction, or at least an involved post about my reasoning.
*is off to download the Atroxian Realm demo*
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

spikey It's pretty much a new game :).
Boreas249 never heard of it, but thanks for mention it. It looks cool.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Deltamatic! Good to see you again!

spikey! Is there any which one in shikausstan's shop that catches your eye?
http://shikausstan.onlineshirtstores.co ... 73&ctype=0
Cool MP3 there. Much like!
Someone taped me working out a Keenish tune today: http://youtu.be/lPZaGDpjva8
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Oh man, wiivn that looks like news from the german community game. I gotta check that out.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
spikey
Vortininja

Post by spikey »

Thanks, troublesomekeen :) It took a while, but I'm pretty happy with the result myself. Will have to finish the others sometime, I'm working on a few different Apogee tunes.

Wow, cool shop! I think I like the Goodbye, Galaxy one best. :D Although there are a few.. :)

I'd love a gallery shirt, like your signature, which has a 'hall of enemies'. That would rawk!