w00t! Commander Keen on PSP!!!!!!!

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
jimmyjames
Vortininja

w00t! Commander Keen on PSP!!!!!!!

Post by jimmyjames »

Well, I've had a PSP for a while and have been thinking about putting a custom firmware on it since then.

Well today June 3, I have finally done it. I ordered all the necessary tools last Monday and they arrived today!

As soon as I saw the UPS guy pull up I ran outside and got the package from him. I ran inside and in a mad fever tore the package and the box open. I then ran to my computer installed all the necessary files and installed the custom firmware. I downloaded the Keen port to psp and threw it on the memory stick.

I went to play it, but to my dismay it wouldn't play. "Holy GARG! Mortimer must have something to do with this!" I said to my disgruntled self.

But after a few minutes of searching(thanks Google) I found a psp program that would run some of the older homebrews................................................I tried and..................................SUCCESS! :drool

I can finally play Commander keen on the go without having to settle for the GBC( :bloody ) version.

Sorry if I seem crazed about this but it just makes me so happy 8) .

I can also run other homebrew and other classic dos ports, as well as run the PSP version of DosBox.

I'll upload some Videos and pictures if anyone one wants.

Edit: Just played Keys of Krodacia with the psp dosbox port. One word Awesome!
Forget it.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Marvelous news. I may have to get a PSP sometime just for this purpose.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I second that... Or some other of these new consoles, once the price drops in a few years when more appear, then I'll get mine! :D It must be great, I'd love to be able to play Keen in bus for example. Glad to hear it's working!

By the way, you are running Keen via DosBox on PSP, right?
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
jimmyjames
Vortininja

Post by jimmyjames »

Yes and no. I put a port of Clone keen (http://clonekeen.sourceforge.net/) on it which does not require dosbox. But it is only Keen 1 which just wouldn't do. So I put the psp port of dosbox on it and I can run any of the Keen games from that(with some minor graphical glitches, but I'll live :p)

Edit: I also have Super Mario 64 running on it too :D
Forget it.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Commander Spleen wrote:Marvelous news. I may have to get a PSP sometime just for this purpose.
Then OpenPandora might be a better choice. :P
Wow look at me I'm lurking
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

DaVince wrote:
Commander Spleen wrote:Marvelous news. I may have to get a PSP sometime just for this purpose.
:eek ... must have... pure awesomeness
please t-t-tell me that that thing is r-real
(i used to be ME!)
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

:|

Yes... that... is a better plan.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

DaVince wrote:
That sounds incredible... I want one. A lot.