Keen's helmet replica

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Keen's helmet replica

Post by Shadow Master »

http://catwafer.wordpress.com/2008/04/1 ... nder-keen/

I found the link at 3D Realms forums anyway.

I wonder if it's in some way connected to Napalm's discovery as well.
Last edited by Shadow Master on Wed Jun 04, 2008 0:52, edited 1 time in total.
jimmyjames
Vortininja

Post by jimmyjames »

Yeah I found that link on Tom Halls page. Its very cool.

PS: Anything on the meta engine? :o
Forget it.
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

jimmyjames wrote:Yeah I found that link on Tom Halls page. Its very cool.
Gee, I didn't know Tom got around to update/remake his website. :P Thanks for the info. :)
PS: Anything on the meta engine? :o
https://pckf.rigeltechnical.com/viewtopic.php?p=4320#4320
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Sh1t, no kidding!! :eek I had no idea he had updated, either! Cool!!

I really should browse the 3D Realms board once in a while... :o

This girl's the same the one who had that custom-made Keen t-shirt. :) Actually she seems to have the picture of it on the photo page: http://catwafer.files.wordpress.com/200 ... -small.jpg :lindsey Glad to see her Keen craze isn't over yet... Hopefully there'll be picture of the full costume. Tom himself even commented there. He should really try to find the picture of himself in that helmet as a kid, he mentioned that in his blog. :D

And garg, I should get one too, so many of these Keen costumes appearing lately! But I would wear it at school instead. :dopekeen Here's one, not sure if it has been shown here in the forums, this one was linked at Tom's blog, in the comments: http://factscon.proboards20.com/index.c ... thread=590
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Retodon8
Vortininja

Post by Retodon8 »

I also quickly found out she's the same person quickly and had a "Hey!" moment there.

Tom posted another Keen-related picture on his site/blog by the way.
Actually it's about Wizard 101 (as well).
Retodon8
Sheep happens
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

We should get her to sign up here.:mort [/mortimer]
Sciz CT
Council Janitor

Post by Sciz CT »

I was so excited when I first saw that Kingsisle's website had updated a couple weeks ago. Then a bit disappointed when I saw what the game was. Then excited again when I saw that it wasn't Tom's game. Then disappointed again when I realized that I still didn't know what he's been working on for so long.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Indeed, Wizard 101 doesn't interest me the slightest. But as far as I know, that's the game Tom has been working on. Not sure whether it's his idea or not (I hope not), but at least his blog says "Tom is working on a cool new massively multiplayer online game."
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Sciz CT
Council Janitor

Post by Sciz CT »

Nope. Check out KingsIsle's press releases:
Online entertainment company KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc. today uncloaked after three years of lock down secrecy. The company has had a team of more than 100 Austin and Dallas based employees, including top creative talent, working on multiple massively multiplayer online (MMO) projects under a cone of silence.

Formed in early 2005 by veterans from both gaming and technology, KingsIsle is led by chairman and chief executive officer Elie Akilian, and President David Nichols. Heading up development are Todd Coleman, a key creative mind behind the MMO Shadowbane and creative director Tom Hall, co-founder of well known game companies id Software and ION Storm. The first project is headed by Todd and is expected to enter beta this spring. Another release headed by Tom will be announced at a later date.
J. Todd Coleman, an MMO veteran and the creative mind behind Wizard101, is heading up development of the game, which has been in the works for three years.
Tom's working on an MMO-something, but it isn't W101. At least we can safely assume that whatever it is, it won't be another game in the exact same vein (i.e. something a bit more suited for our demographic ;p).
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Aaah, now I see! :D It'll be very interesting to see what it'll be. What if they have given him the Keen rights behind the scenes and it'd be something Keen related? :yorp Well, we'll see.
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

KEENMMORPG??
MortimerInBlack
Vortininja

Post by MortimerInBlack »

KEENMMORPG??
:drool :drool :drool

it's good that that is cleared up, because i thought tom was working on W101 too, because he said he was working on a secret mmorpg
The Viking II lander actually did land on a 'rock' on Mars.
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/nmc/masterCa ... =1975-083C
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

It's funny to see how a thread about unofficial Keen merchandise turns into talk about a completely different game. :celtic
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Indeed, and it's just as amusing to look back and see that the transition is more or less seamless.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

DSL wrote:KEENMMORPG??
In a Keen MMORPG, who would the players be? Obviously they can't all be Keen, unless the backstory has something to do with somebody creating thousands of Keen clones...