Keen's helmet replica

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Catwafer
Grunt

Post by Catwafer »

Shadow Master wrote:We should get her to sign up here.:mort [/mortimer]
I've actually been lurking around for a while here!
I just haven't posted 'til now. :P

The pictures of the full Commander Keen costume are up here if you're interested: http://catwafer.wordpress.com/2008/06/0 ... aftermath/

Man, I was so amazed when Tom Hall commented in my blog and posted his own blog with the helmet in it... so awesome!! :)
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Cool pics! :) Saw any other Keen related costumes? Now we need someone to dress as Mortimer McMire or some strange Keen creature. :mort

Edit: And yeah, welcome.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Catwafer
Grunt

Post by Catwafer »

Thanks!
I didn't see other Keen stuff, though there was a cute Chell from Portal!
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

The watch was a nice touch! What is that thing?
Catwafer
Grunt

Post by Catwafer »

Galaxieretter wrote:The watch was a nice touch! What is that thing?

It's actually something I found at a dollar store that's supposed to be a wireless, battery-powered clock.
I even put in a crappy drawing of a Dopefish and "Dopefish Lives!" written on the screen, though it's really tough to see. :P
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

Catwafer wrote:
Shadow Master wrote:We should get her to sign up here.:mort [/mortimer]
I've actually been lurking around for a while here!
I just haven't posted 'til now. :P
My clairvoyance skills still work! YES!! :mort:
Catwafer wrote:The pictures of the full Commander Keen costume are up here if you're interested: http://catwafer.wordpress.com/2008/06/0 ... aftermath/
Nice pics, although I guess that isn't the Neural Stunner, but rather the Keen1 raygun, since it looks red rather than green.

Um... which reminds me that even in the Keen: Galaxy series of games, there's a weird inconsistency in Keen's gun color. If you check the pick-up ammo, it is green, but in the actual player attack sprites, it looks yellow (as far as can be seen) unless my eyes are lying.
Catwafer wrote:Man, I was so amazed when Tom Hall commented in my blog and posted his own blog with the helmet in it... so awesome!! :)
Now we just need him to post in here. :D

Eh... who is the shadowy figure in motion in this pic? Is that Mortimer? OH NOES!?

/me goes back to meditation.
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

(No offense but...)
A female nerd! :crazy
Awsome!
Catwafer
Grunt

Post by Catwafer »

Shadow Master wrote: Nice pics, although I guess that isn't the Neural Stunner, but rather the Keen1 raygun, since it looks red rather than green.

Um... which reminds me that even in the Keen: Galaxy series of games, there's a weird inconsistency in Keen's gun color. If you check the pick-up ammo, it is green, but in the actual player attack sprites, it looks yellow (as far as can be seen) unless my eyes are lying.
This is so true!
It's green for the ammo, in the sprites it is indeed yellow with a red "nib" on the end ... and the other cosplayers I've seen do Commander Keen have had a red gun.
HEAD ASPLODE.
Is that Mortimer? OH NOES!?
Oh my god, he followed me all the way to the convention!

I found it really cool that quite a few people knew who I was dressed as. At one point, I was walking around on my own with my pogo stick and a guy sees me and drops to the floor and bows saying "I'm not worthy! Commander Keen!!" ... man, that was the most awesome experience of my life, no joke.
DSL wrote:(No offense but...)
A female nerd! :Crazy
Awsome!
But there's no girls on the internets! :P
I'm sure there's many more of us, they're just lurking around watching your every move :O:O
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

Catwafer wrote: But there's no girls on the internets! :P
And certainly not any female goons, at that. Stairs, good sir.
Catwafer
Grunt

Post by Catwafer »

XkyRauh wrote:
Catwafer wrote: But there's no girls on the internets! :P
And certainly not any female goons, at that. Stairs, good sir.
I am well-protected.