A Call for Missing Mods, Levelpacks, Fangames

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

A Call for Missing Mods, Levelpacks, Fangames

Post by Flaose »

Hey all. Over the past two years I've slowly (slowly) been localizing all of the downloads of Keen mods, levelpacks, and fangames that are listed on the KeenWiki, as well as (I think) adding anything missing that was available from Beyond the Pogo and Zap/Zot/Net.

This is where YOU come in. I need your help adding anything that is missing from the lists, especially when it comes to new mods and fangames, and anything that was released by the German Keeners. Also, if you happen to have any of the lost downloads, it would be fantastic if you could provide a download!

LOST DOWNLOADS
  • Keen's Pepsi Craving (mod demo by Najawa)
    Kuliwil's LEVEL02.CK1
    The Yellow Submarine (level by Caribbean Blue)
The last entry is most likely lost forever, but the first two should definitely still be around on someone' hard drive. Thanks for any help you can provide!
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

I definitely played the Pepsi one, but I've dug through my files and can't find it (which is weird considering I don't usually delete mods). If it turns up I'll let you know. Hopefully someone else still has a copy of it.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I don't know if this is the Yellow Submarine map, but...does anybody remember a levelpack/limited mod out there that was for Keen 1, but made the sky blue, replaced the pat-pats with the piranha plants from Mario, replaced the pogo sign with one that said "Here is a f*cking pogo", and perhaps some other changes I can't remember? I haven't seen it in years and years and don't even know if it was ever on Beyond the Pogo or not.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

The level02 thing wouldn't be a 2-level levelpack would it? If so it's here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3940020/kuliwil.zip

It would help to know what episode these mods and such were for; my folders are too large to navigate easily. (As well as any old broken downloads since they may have renamed the folder oddly.)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Levellass wrote:The level02 thing wouldn't be a 2-level levelpack would it? If so it's here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3940020/kuliwil.zip
That's it! They were originally released seperately but you having put them together is just so convenient!
Levellass wrote:It would help to know what episode these mods and such were for; my folders are too large to navigate easily. (As well as any old broken downloads since they may have renamed the folder oddly.)
They are both for Keen 1, both only one level. The Yellow Submarine is a new level from about a decade ago, and the Pepsi mod is about a year-and-a-half old and was released/discussed here: http://keenmodding.org/viewtopic.php?t=1534
Eat at Joe's
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I *think* I have the yellow submarine level at home, I'll check when I get there. Hopefully I'm not mistaken.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Haha, wow, I had forgotten I made a level.

I recall making two actually - one as a hardly-finished standalone thing for Vorticons and another for a community K7/8/whatevs levelpack. I'll boot this one up later to see which it was, but I honestly don't care if it gets archived or not. I didn't even know anyone was taking notes on what put out!
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Rats no. The craving mod was on my lost backup drive so I don't have it anymore.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Hmm, unfortunate, well hopefully they turn up sometime.
Eat at Joe's
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Can we contact the original authors?
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

I've sent them e-mails to their last known addresses. I don't expect a response from Caribbean Blue, but maybe (hopefully) najawa will respond.
Eat at Joe's
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

Maybe posting in the KeenModding topic for the Pepsi mod would be a good idea. There's always a chance najawa might see that, whereas with just an email and this topic he might not see it.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086