A possible crossover of Commander Keen, and Sonic the Hedgeh

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

A possible crossover of Commander Keen, and Sonic the Hedgeh

Post by Cobalt »

I personally think that if Sonic would have joined up with Keen, They would be unstoppable.
I'm the cool blue keener.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Thanks for verifying what I was saying in your Sonic vs Keen thread.
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

Where did it go? :oops
I'm the cool blue keener.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Nonsense! Oh please stop with these keen/sonic crossovers! That's ridiculous! They cannot be merged in any way! They're too different. In order for keen to enter the sonic universe, he must be something completely else, thus not keen anymore. :no
Bablet
Vortininja

Post by Bablet »

I dunno much about Sonic, but I'm pretty sure Mortimer would /trash/ that Roboknickers guy. I mean, this is Mortimer McMire we're talking about. The Grand Intellect!

Plus, he's younger and in better shape, thus less likely to spontaneously have a coronary, unlike Tweedle-Yourmomma over there.

I'm just sayin'.
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I mean seriously?...
Pokota
Vortininja

Post by Pokota »

It would be Tails and Keen versus Robotnik and McMire, naturally, as they battle over... something that incapacitated Sonic?
There was something here, but my yorp ate it.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

here how this can happen... robotnik was constructed by keen. assuming robotnik is a robot because i barely know the character.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I fail to see the problem in combining the two subjects; all the pictures do is is show to vastly different levels of computer game technology.

Even the different emphasis in both games (running fast vs shooting and exploring) isn't an obstacle, in fact it would be quite interesting; Keen could easily invent himself a speed booster or the game could be very interesting via swapping between characters. (Sonic moves easily through levels but does not take the time to pick up things, Keen is slower and less agile but can truly investigate things.)

A team up too would be simple enough, Mortimer is always messing about with things and with his mind control belts and ability to take over alien races it would be a breeze.

This is almost a mod-worthy idea.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Bernie wrote:here how this can happen... robotnik was constructed by keen. assuming robotnik is a robot because i barely know the character.
That's good, the uninformed crossovers are always the best.
Bablet
Vortininja

Post by Bablet »

Levellass wrote: A team up too would be simple enough, Mortimer is always messing about with things and with his mind control belts and ability to take over alien races it would be a breeze.
I agree with Lass about the crossover, it does have the potential to work!

But even when Mortimer's 'teamed up' with other races, they've always been underlings or employees. Never equals. So I can't help the feeling that Mortimer's not the team/duo type.

And correct my being uninformed (the only Sonic related thing I've gotten into is Sonic For Hire because that's fuclin' hilarious) but isn't Eggman's IQ only 300? If Mortimer rivals Billy for being a mere one point below him, I really can't see him working with someone 15 points below him.

So I'm just saying, if the crossover happens (which I can totally see), I can't see Mortimer teaming with Eggman.
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

what happened to that sonic keen mod that was announced a while ago?
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Pokota
Vortininja

Post by Pokota »

Regarding the concept of the two bad guys being equal partners, it's a matter of needs here. McMire has the brains, Robotnik/Eggman has the means to put those brains to good use.

Plus, they're both the type to try and convince the other that it wasn't his idea to begin with, while secretly planning to backstab the other.

Ooooh, I should flesh that out more, sounds like a good idea for an OHR game.
There was something here, but my yorp ate it.
Bablet
Vortininja

Post by Bablet »

That makes loads of sense! (Them trying to manipulate with intent to backstab)
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Yes, with Mortimer he'd be the type to go 'We're partners!' while all the time thinking 'He is an idiot that I am using. I will kill him first chance I get.' In fact he's the kind to not appear at all, simply 'working' for Robotnic in a lab somewhere, making it seem as if it was Robotnik's idea to build a boss machine totally covered in spikes (and with no weak point!)

Then, when Robotnik is defeated, only then would Mortimer make his influence known, either by running away like a coward, building a big boss machine or leaving some clues behind. (Or all three.)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.