Fleex plays Keen: Foray in the Forest

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Ceilick should take notes :). I probably wouldn't go that far without in-level savings.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

This is why the IF pistol was created. It must be used. (I have 3 difficulties of items plus ammo shortcuts.)

Also I would have titled that video\level 'The no fun at all house'
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

The doors not making sense was part of the level's intended theme; smoke and mirrors, things aren't as they seem, etc etc. I guess the theme of a carnival fun house never really came across--wait you figured that out toward the end 8)

I...can't explain the lack of IF pistol at the start. Must have missed it. TBH, I think this might be the first time I've ever seen someone run out of ammo in this mod, although I gather you're not save/loading impulsively like most players.

Gosh. This mod is over 7 years old :old
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

You'll notice in regular Keen IF pistols are very common, almost indispensable. (e however, I'm going to make people scrounge ammo. Mostly because Keen has a machine gun, and that loses shots quickly.)

And so the series ends, prematurely. frankly I think The Fun House was played terribly; there are a few things that could have turned that level around snap quick. (Knowing the secret exit being one.)
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Waaaa! It's over! For future reference, remember that when running low on ammo you can visit the BWB for a few extra shots. Also, were you using the latest version of the mod? Some of the sound effects just sounded wrong.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Oh yeah, I would like to watch you playing the pirate mod since I cannot play it DUE TO BU"GS and game limitations :).
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Don't worry wiivn; I already did a playthrough of the first five levels. You can see it here:

Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Haha, I actually waited for that to "load" for a few minutes. This thread has been generalized into "Fleex Plays Keen" and the first episode of my playthrough of The Pirate Mod has been uploaded. Interesting Noise starts an epic pirate quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

So how many levels did you get through before game over? (Because I assure you you'll never make it through the game first time.)

Also, I'm glad you like my interesting noises. (And you didn't read the story did you? That's what the story and help sections are for!)
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Since my Vorticons skills are awfully rusty, I'm not going to do this mod hardcore. (You'll see just how rusty in today's video. Sabre guys, I hate you.) Sorry about the extremely loud sound last time, I forgot to change that in the mixer.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

At least I get a chance to see a bit more of Krodacia. I can't get much further than two or three levels.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

You know you're in trouble when the regular grunts kill you. You'll really want to read that hint sheet.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

That water doesn't kill you and you missed a secret there.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

This is why I patched items that could be hidden behind tiles like in Keen Galaxy.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Ceilick wrote:The doors not making sense was part of the level's intended theme; smoke and mirrors, things aren't as they seem, etc etc. I guess the theme of a carnival fun house never really came across--wait you figured that out toward the end 8)

I...can't explain the lack of IF pistol at the start. Must have missed it. TBH, I think this might be the first time I've ever seen someone run out of ammo in this mod, although I gather you're not save/loading impulsively like most players.

Gosh. This mod is over 7 years old :old
Those were the days. :)