KeenWiki moving servers

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Yes well, let's hope that doesn't happen very often... In fact, just as a precaution, here's a backup of the entire KeenWiki (734MB) should anyone feel like keeping an extra copy, just in case the server goes missing and I lose all my nightly backups and my off-site backups too. (The file that contains login details and e-mail addresses is encrypted for obvious reasons.)

As a bonus, if you download this file you'll get a copy of every single mod that has been uploaded onto the KeenWiki servers (mostly thanks to the hard work of Flaose.)
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

See, now wikis need a way to generate a backup like that for download. I've been keeping a running backup going and it's not even half the size of that file.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Well to be fair most of the size is the mods and other downloads. The actual text content is only ~80MB which compresses down to 10MB.

The MediaWiki software used for the KeenWiki does have an export facility but it is a little slow, and it's text only - no images or downloads.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I've been saving things as .mht files.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.