Martinez McMeyer - design voting

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.

How should he looks like?

Blue M on the helmet, blue T-shirt, blue stripes on his shoes, blue nuclear blaster, grey pants
45%
Green M on the helmet, green T-shirt, green stripes on his shoes, green nuclear blaster, grey pants
55%

Total votes: 20

szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Cobalt wrote:Can we have two versions of Keen 5? One with the green shirted Mart, and the other with blue?
I'll see.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Martinez should be in internet colooorzzz!

Look at his expression! All these discussions about his colors makes him feel like he's a barbie doll :).
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

szemi wrote:Image

Collapser Keen design. There's a C on his helmet symbolising "Collapser". But I don't know if G is better or not. What do you think?
Collapser Keen has the easiest disguise in the world. All he has to do is face towards the nearest light source instead of away from it like he apparently usually does, and BOOM instant Commander Keen
szemi wrote:
Cobalt wrote:I think Collapser Keen should have the mean Mortimer eyes and Martinez McMeyer should have the nice Keen eyes.
That won't be really good.
Yeah can you explain this one? Like since Mart is supposed to be good and Collapser Keen is supposed to be evil, why would Martinez have evil eyes?
Cobalt wrote:But Mortimer is the counter part to Keen already. Keen is the counter part to Mortimer.
No, Cobalt, I know it seems like the evil, similarly intelligent rival character type may seem similar to the evil, similarly intelligent counterpart character type, but they're not. Anyone versed in literature or cosmology could tell you that.

And yeah, you COMPLETELY misunderstood EVERYTHING! He's changed the blue pants to black to be more like the NetKeen version of Mortimer, and the green to blue as well because blue is obviously more Mortimerish than green, for reasons which will occur to somebody at some point.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

StupidBunny: Martinez has a heroic evil smile(it's like "Yeeah, we did it. >:)), Mortimer has a bad guyish evil smile(it's like "Muhahahaha"!)

Besides, what I concretely mean is Collapser Keen's smile is as evil as Mortimer's as they are bad, but Commander Keen's smile is as heroic as Martinez's.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

StupidBunny wrote:
szemi wrote:Image

Collapser Keen design. There's a C on his helmet symbolising "Collapser". But I don't know if G is better or not. What do you think?
Collapser Keen has the easiest disguise in the world. All he has to do is face towards the nearest light source instead of away from it like he apparently usually does, and BOOM instant Commander Keen
StupidBunny, you have not paid attention to what Szemi said. Collapser Keen has REVERSE SHADING, meaning that he is dark when facing the light and he becomes light when he is in the dark. Collapser Keen is truly an evil genius from another universe with the power to glow in the dark and become dark in the light.

Also, even with identical clothes, Collapser Keen has a "C" engraved on his helmet. Commander Keen's initials were "CK" which means he has a G on his helmet, but Collapser Keen's initials are "CK." This new set of original, unidentical initials requires the letter on the helmet to be a C.

I understand the difference between rivals and counterparts now, thanks.
Bowser is Mario's rival, but Wario is his counterpart. Knuckles is Sonic's rival, but Metal Sonic is his counterpart. etc.
I'm the cool blue keener.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

szemi wrote:StupidBunny: Martinez has a heroic evil smile(it's like "Yeeah, we did it. >:)), Mortimer has a bad guyish evil smile(it's like "Muhahahaha"!)

Besides, what I concretely mean is Collapser Keen's smile is as evil as Mortimer's as they are bad, but Commander Keen's smile is as heroic as Martinez's.
On he sprite size it's really hard to tell, though. They have no mouths. The only emotion we see is in the eyes, and Mart's eyes look like concentrated evil.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

'I'm bad, and that's good.

I will never be good, and that's not bad.

There's no one I'd rather be than me.'
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Bablet
Vortininja

Post by Bablet »

VikingBoyBilly wrote: They have no mouths.
And they must scream!
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Re: Martinez McMeyer - design voting

Post by szemi »

Updating:

After many years, as I see, the rest of the people wants the "Green M on the helmet, green T-shirt, green stripes on his shoes, green nuclear blaster, grey pants", which is (and stayed) 65%.

So from this point on, the eventual design will be green. Just to make it clear. :)
Yeah, piece of cake!