KeenWiki - rating system for mods

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

It would be great to have someone go through all the mod pages and update those that don't yet have an infobox. It's basically a copy and paste job to get an infobox on there with a vote button, with a little extra effort if you want to populate the stats like the number of levels. You might not be the mod author, but anything is better than nothing :-)

It would be nice to put the vote result on the big list of mods, but I don't think the voting system can do that at the moment. It's a good idea though so I'll think about it.

Also FYI we have a total of 98 votes so far from eight different people.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Ehhhh... Editing the wiki isn't as easy as tic-tac-toe, but I'm working on it...

EDIT: Commander Keen at Ballican IV, Attack of the Silurians, and The Pyramid of the Allowed can now be voted upon. I'll add more info later. Levelpacks without all egaheads are a pain...

EDIT: How Bleen Saved Kwanzaa is up for voting, too.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

looks nice, I like the implementation. I'm personally not much interested in votings of that kind, but could be useful for newcomers. Usually I'd say those votings will only make the highest voted games played and the middle class won't even be downloaded and tried anymore. But then again this is Keen. The most popular mods are played by around 50 people anyway so I don't think there's much harm to be done.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

tulip wrote:looks nice, I like the implementation. I'm personally not much interested in votings of that kind, but could be useful for newcomers. Usually I'd say those votings will only make the highest voted games played and the middle class won't even be downloaded and tried anymore. But then again this is Keen. The most popular mods are played by around 50 people anyway so I don't think there's much harm to be done.
What a depressing and true statement.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

I'll make it my mission to play and complete every 1-star mod.
I'm the cool blue keener.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Cobalt wrote:I'll make it my mission to play and complete every 1-star mod.
Please take a couple of screenshots when you do so those mods have images for the infobox :-)
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

tulip wrote:looks nice, I like the implementation. I'm personally not much interested in votings of that kind, but could be useful for newcomers. Usually I'd say those votings will only make the highest voted games played and the middle class won't even be downloaded and tried anymore. But then again this is Keen. The most popular mods are played by around 50 people anyway so I don't think there's much harm to be done.
Actually the Big Three (TUIT) have been played by the hundreds if not thousands. Word about them really spread around.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

Can we have separate ratings for art, levels, and music?
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Not with the current voting system - it was designed as a way to rate pages, so it can only handle one rating per page. But if you total your art, level and music scores and divide it by three you can use that figure for your vote ;-)
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

Oh, so it's actually a rating of the articles, not the mods? In that case, all the empty stubs deserve the 0 stars they got and the inability to rate them higher.
I'm the cool blue keener.
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Technically yes, but we're using it to rate mods since each mod gets its own page. The stubs only have a rating of zero because nobody has voted yet...
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

It's been a couple weeks, can we see how it'll look on the main page or wherever it'll go? Seeing the outcome may spark more votes anyway :P
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Thanks for those(not here on PCKF!), who gave me 1 star for my mods. -.-
Yeah, piece of cake!
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

At least your mods got ratings Szemi!!! :p

Anyway, Yes to Ceilick's idea.
szemi
Vorticon Elite