I took over the Keen Fan Group on DA

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Bablet
Vortininja

I took over the Keen Fan Group on DA

Post by Bablet »

http://keen-fans.deviantart.com/journal ... -434352912

This is me raising awareness of my uprising.

Remember, I will be your overlord.

Bablet, out.

Ps: If anyone on here also wants to join the test contest, you're more than welcome to!
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Taken over from whom?
Image You crack me up little buddy!
guynietoren
Vorticon Elite

Post by guynietoren »

I thought about joining the contest, but still can't think of ideas for it. Means I have to draw lots birds, which isn't easy for me.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Enjoy ruling a fangroup that no one else wants to join.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

If I was even on DA... Congrats anyway though :P
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Paramultart wrote:Enjoy ruling a fangroup that no one else wants to join.
Oh be nice.

Bablet, all the best with your hopefully-benevolent dictatorship.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Bablet
Vortininja

Post by Bablet »

XD Thanks for all the confidence, guys!

Hopefully my next question/contest, "Mommy, where do Dopefish come from?" will go over better.
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

I'd always assumed they were related to the school fish, but I guess there's no evidence for that beyond colour and location.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Bablet
Vortininja

Post by Bablet »

Me, I always thought they were bred in labs by Mortimer. No such evil could naturally occur, right? XD
I am the only,
I am the lonely,
I am the sole soul fish.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Here's an idea for a contest: make a forest tree from Keen 4 alive. I mean we only see these trees as a background in Keen 4, but what is their background? Alive trees? What would it be like if Keen could speak to them? Could also they move their branches or even walk? Maybe some of them are wise enough to give key solutions?
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

wiivn wrote:Here's an idea for a contest: make a forest tree from Keen 4 alive. I mean we only see these trees as a background in Keen 4, but what is their background? Alive trees? What would it be like if Keen could speak to them? Could also they move their branches or even walk? Maybe some of them are wise enough to give key solutions?
That's a great idea. There's something special about those trees. I remember 2 years ago I started one of my very first spriting jobs on a Berkeloid replacement for my first mod project, Guardian of Wisdom:

I wanted to give just about every creature more background. Reminds me of the tree creature in Perilous Pursuit:

Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Your tree enemy is neat! That's very close to what I imagined as a tree enemy replacement. But don't say you have abandoned Guardian of Wisdom!
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

wiivn wrote:Your tree enemy is neat! That's very close to what I imagined as a tree enemy replacement. But don't say you have abandoned Guardian of Wisdom!
Thanks! I haven't abandoned GoW, but it has been dormant for many months. Because of constant changes to story and creatures, I made a huge mess of my patch file. I'll probably save more time starting from scratch than if I tried to sort out my mess. There are a few similarities between GoW and Terror from Outer Space--which turns out to be very helpful to me since I can steal some premium patches from Dr.Collosus. March is my big Keening month, so.. here's hoping. I've forgotten how much I love Keening, having been away from it for so long. Too many distractions! And my brain can't stay focused on one project at a time. I used to think starting many projects was a good idea. Turns out, bad idea. I simply have to commit myself to knocking them down, one by one. Then maybe my Berkeloid mod will see the light of day, as well as Mini Robo Red Dreams mod. I owe it to Levellass, since she put the time and effort into all those patches she worked out for me.

Good luck, Bablet! I hope the DA group doesn't take too much maintenance! And that it doesn't become too boring! :)
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!