Keen Controls: What do you use?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Levack
Vortininja

Post by Levack »

I just use the normal controls, middle finger on the jump key thumb switches between jump and fire. The only reason I changed the jump key to shift was to keep the screen from flipping. >:

For Netkeen , I play player 2 so of course I use the middle keys by defult... but I have gotten used to it. It's not that hard to play with the middle row keys.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Levack wrote:The only reason I changed the jump key to shift was to keep the screen from flipping.
I had that problem with my new computer. Ctrl+Alt+Right/Left Arrow rotates the monitor orientation. I somehow was able to disable that hotkey, but I forget exactly how. Ctrl+Alt+F12 might bring up a menu. Then there should be a sneakily hidden sub-menu that allows you to disable it.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I had to patch the help keys because my computer's F-keys are hardwired to things like display resolution and I can find no way to change this.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.