Abiathar needs a logo

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Abiathar needs a logo

Post by Fleexy »

Hey, Keen community artists!

Currently, Abiathar's icon is the .NET default, which doesn't look too great. If I had any artistic ability, I would create one myself, but I do not.

Therefore, I'm looking to you! If you're feeling generous (or bored) enough to help me, here's what I'm looking for:
  • Icon sized. This should be just a little icon to display on the desktop; giant murals are not necessary. I recommend a maximum size of 64x64. If you want to make multiple resolutions, excellent! I'll make a resizable ICO.
  • Relevant. I'm thinking of something involving the SGA "A" character, but feel free to be creative here. Optimally, it will be recognizable as related to Keen.
  • Distinguishable. I'd like it to be easily recognizable as being the unique Abiathar icon.
I'll take any format of image, but it will eventually converted into an ICO.

The creator of the accepted icon will be listed in the Acknowledgements section of the help file and possibly given something special relating to a feature in an upcoming update.

Thanks for reading,
Fleexy
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Hell I'll give it a go, but I'm not all that great myself. I'll try to knock up a basic icon.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

I might give this a go... do you have any other ideas for a theme other than the SGA letter A?
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Aw, wiivn beat me to the post, those are really cool :o

Here's one I whipped up in a few minutes with gimp:
I like this one better:
Without infomap and grid:
While I'm at it here's a userpic for someone :D
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Oh man, I log on and there's not just one post, not just two posts, but two posts with multiple images each! You guys are the best!

Congratulations to both of you! Through the magic of the ICO format, I can have entirely different icons display at different resolutions; you both win!

The Abiathar logo at 16x16 (the standard resolution in Details folder view), by wiivn:

The Abiathar logo at 32x32 (the standard resolution of Windows XP), by MoffD:

The Abiathar main logo, soon to be its public face (at all other resolutions), by wiivn:

Thanks so much! Both of you will have entries in the Acknowledgements section starting at v1.5; both of you will have one or more splash texts dedicated to you; both of you will have SECRET FEATURE when it's implemented. The icon will go into effect in v1.5, along with other amazing features.

:D
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Well Fleexy, I'm happy you're at least temporarily using that logo. I'm glad I can finally give back to the community at least in a small way ;)

I also told some of my friends about this and they may be making some, I don't know if you still would be interested but if they do make some I'll post them
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Oh bother. :< Oh well, they cooler than mine anyway. xD