Should I use this palette?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 8

Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

So, I decided to take a break from the Go Keen, Go series, and I thought of making a trilogy. Though, I decided to use a new palette for the trilogy (which are colors that are taken from the colors of my Super Mario sprites) and here's how they looked:

What do you think of this palette? Should I use it for my trilogy?
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

These colors look very soft and nice. I say yes. But make sure the contrast between elements is high enough - the ceiling plants for example blend in with the grey background.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Bold reds and dark purples. I like the looks of it. The color changes might compliment what you're trying to achieve in the graphics for your mod. You've made 4 Keen mods already (and more coming), so I say you should at least mess with the palette in one of your projects. :crazy
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Strong, darker colours that work well with each other to produce DaVince's interpretation of a soft palette. Nice.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I tend to like stronger contrasts between light and dark colours more in ega, but depends on what you are doing with it.

If palette patching is involved I usually like if the hue is changed recognizably. See the master of palette patching Benvolio's mods for example. Vanished to Venus is an excellent example of what I mean
Also Bonevelous' 24h mod in the bloog brain shows an outstanding original palette.
Image You crack me up little buddy!