Yorps?... YORPS!

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Apeiron
Vortininja

Yorps?... YORPS!

Post by Apeiron »

Has somebody on this forum fun of killing Yorps? :-D Yeah, it is a little moron topic, but for true, I started to play Keen again in part because of it. :-D. Then it seems me weird that everywhere was written that Yorp is some type of "cute being" (I couldn't understand english when I first had played Keen so didn't know it that Spot is some kind of home-pet).
Anyway, it is an abreaction for me, when I am tired and turn on Keen1 where I search for yorps and kill them... They are simply SO cute that I just MUST kill them, and horribly. :-D
Does somebody here on forum the same? :bloody
ΒΟΥΛΟΜΑΙ̣̣ ΠΑΣΙΝ ΙΟΡΠΟΙΣ ΤΟ ΠΑΘΟΣ ΦΕΡΕΙΝ. ΒΟΥΛΟΜΑΙ̣̣, ΙΝΑ ΤΟΥΤ' ΑΝΙΑΤΑΙ!!! :yorp
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I don't usually shoot yorps, if for no other reason than because I like to save ammo for more threatening foes. If a yorp is really getting in my way or about to push me over an edge I will kill it, but normally I just see no need to.

The only creatures I really try to spare are foobs. Foobs are awesome. :)
q 90
Vortininja

Post by q 90 »

I agree with you on that. Foobs are pretty awesome.

ImageImageImageImage
Member since 2003, with breaks of varying longevity interspersed.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Fly, my pretties!

Hey... they'd make pretty cool Lemmings clones, really...

As for Yorps, I always avoid killing them wherever possible. But leading them into spike pits doesn't count. :D

Back in the day, I decided to go on a "mission from Mortimer" and go out of my way to kill everything in the first three episodes. I was also a horrid cheater at that point. Good times.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

:) If they are blocking my way I don't hesitate to use raygun, otherwise I leave them alone, as I leave other enemies as well.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Apeiron
Vortininja

Post by Apeiron »

Commander Spleen wrote:I was also a horrid cheater at that point. Good times.
Well, I'm glad that I found cheats for Keen 1-3 after that I first finished them. ;-)...
But I acted as well with killing everyone what I saw. Vorticon VI was out of lifeforms (including Foobs. Let them alive is hard) when I reached Grand Intellect. They were times when I could to "purge" Vorininja barracks with no problems :)...
But I am now unpretending. Yorp-hunt rules! :yorp
ΒΟΥΛΟΜΑΙ̣̣ ΠΑΣΙΝ ΙΟΡΠΟΙΣ ΤΟ ΠΑΘΟΣ ΦΕΡΕΙΝ. ΒΟΥΛΟΜΑΙ̣̣, ΙΝΑ ΤΟΥΤ' ΑΝΙΑΤΑΙ!!! :yorp
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

I used to feel bad when killing them because they are supposed to be nice, so even if they were blocking my way I would still try to force my way through them or just jump over them.

NOW? I don't care as much and it's more like:
*Zap*-your dead *walk-walk* *Zot-Zap* your dead, oh, piece of candy!

But also when I was little I didn't think you KILLED them because of the neural stunner in Keen 4-6. I thought the rayguns in Keen 1 were like that.
Apeiron
Vortininja

Post by Apeiron »

It seems weird, but Keen was maybe in times of Invasion of the Vorticons the same "brat" just like Mortimer :-D. It's possible that his IQ went down and took the agresivity itself :o
Sciz CT
Council Janitor

Post by Sciz CT »

There is one specific yorp death I will always remember. At the bottom right of the cactus level, where there are three large red blocks suspended over a bunch of spikes, there is also a yorp. On the solid ground over to the left, there is a tankbot. The yorp took a cute little hop off the left edge into the spike pit right as the tankbot opened fire, blasting the yorp in midair.
Apeiron
Vortininja

Post by Apeiron »

Sciz CT wrote:There is one specific yorp death I will always remember. At the bottom right of the cactus level, where there are three large red blocks suspended over a bunch of spikes, there is also a yorp. On the solid ground over to the left, there is a tankbot. The yorp took a cute little hop off the left edge into the spike pit right as the tankbot opened fire, blasting the yorp in midair.
Good one! :dopekeen I must try it :-D...