Keen 10 - aka redoing it

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.

Should I really redone Keen 10?

Yeah.
50%
No, don't do that!
50%

Total votes: 12

szemi
Vorticon Elite

Keen 10 - aka redoing it

Post by szemi »

Somehow I feel that I should redo Keen 10 with a new story, new characters (not now, sometimes in the near future), because I feel my current Keen 10 has no serious affection.
What do I mean? The characters are not too original (ok, there originals, too), but not original enough. And I know it has no sense to count it as 10, but I want it to count it! I don't hate my Collapser Keen story in the game either, same to Martinez McMeyer, who you have to save, but somehow I feel that this parallel universe thing should take place in my other upcoming mods (in good meaning, which means I would never throw my ideas).
The musics are good (there are some good), but some doesn't fit the actual level. I want a serious Keen 10 that would be a much better and respective clear sequel to Keen 9.
So in 2016 I'll be ready to make a serious, clear Keen 10.

And after all I don't really feel like continuing with Keen 11 and 12. (But who knows...)
I ask whether I should really do it. What do you think?
Yeah, piece of cake!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Why not make an all-new Keen game instead of redoing your current one? That way we get two Szemi mods for the price of one, and that sounds like the best deal ever :drool
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Nospike wrote:Why not make an all-new Keen game instead of redoing your current one? That way we get two Szemi mods for the price of one, and that sounds like the best deal ever :drool
I'll make a completely redone version, which will have totally new features (story, characters, musics, etc.) and will be a Keen 4 mod for example. Even the title will be other as well, so Keen 11 and 12 are not sure.

In short: a completely new Keen 10.

But like I said, nothing is 100%, but bigger probability.
Yeah, piece of cake!
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Needs more Image
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

troublesomekeen wrote:Needs more Image
Mmmm, Octo Pie! :drool