Our next community level pack... [Deadline 23rd September!]

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Our next community level pack... [Deadline 23rd September!]

Post by KeenRush »

It's about time, I think. :garg

How about Lego Keen? http://www.keeniverse.net/m.php?id=14 It could prove to be rather interesting. 8) I've for long wanted to try building a level for it.

-------------------------

So, the mod on which the level pack will be made is Lego Keen. If you don't have it, you can download it from the link provided above. The job is to make one Keen level (one per Keener), and submit that by sending it to keenrush314 :dopefish hotmail.com or if you see me at MSN you can send it over that way, too.

The level has to, obviously, be designed to use the Lego Keen tileset. :old

Every time Keen enters a level his ammo will be set to zero and pogo taken away, so design accordingly. You may give him pogo and all the ammo you want to.

The deadline is, maybe, 23rd September (2009). :goth
Last edited by KeenRush on Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:35, edited 12 times in total.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Lego Keen! Sounds fun. I agree, I've been wanting to get acquainted with its tileset for some time. ;) I'm all for this suggestion.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Sounds like a plan. Lego Keen levels could be pretty cool.
Multimania
Vortininja
Location: Hiding in a small, cramped corner of the BwB megarocket.

Post by Multimania »

Sounds great. I'm up for it.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Great! :) What should the deadline be? 1st October?

Any special rules? Perhaps Keen's pogo and ammo set to zero every time he enters a level, just like in the first of these community level packs for Keen 1.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

KeenRush wrote:Great! :) What should the deadline be? 1st October?

Any special rules? Perhaps Keen's pogo and ammo set to zero every time he enters a level, just like in the first of these community level packs for Keen 1.
How about November 1st? October 1st sounds a little to soon. :D

Setting pogo and ammo to zero sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure what other special rules we should enforce ... none that I can think of.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Hm. I guess it is, at least to me, being so garging busy and angered with university work. But let's make it a bit sooner than that, say, 20th October. 20.10. I'll edit the main post sometime soon.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

:confused I'm confused. What do you think the date is KeenRush? I make it the October 6th, currently, which makes an October 1st deadline ... 5 days ago ... Did you go completely along with my joke?

In any case, the 20th sounds reasonable. Hopefully I'll have some free time this weekend, my schedule up until then is overbooked. :(
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

i'm in!
Image You crack me up little buddy!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

CK Guy wrote::confused I'm confused. What do you think the date is KeenRush? I make it the October 6th, currently, which makes an October 1st deadline ... 5 days ago ... Did you go completely along with my joke?

In any case, the 20th sounds reasonable. Hopefully I'll have some free time this weekend, my schedule up until then is overbooked. :(
ROFL. I just realized we're in October right now, and not in September. It should be November, yes! For example 11th November, is that good? :dopekeen
Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

Sounds fun! Count me in.

Edit: I think that's a little too long, KeenRush. How about November 1?
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Cool. The more the merrier.

And 11th too far away? Well, maybe it is, I guess it can be set to 1st, then. Edit: Although, it isn't even a full month, currently. I don't change it to sooner just yet, afterall, I'm waiting to hear what others think.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Phew, well that's good. You have no idea how idea how many times I double checked the date while I was writing that post.

edit: Looks like a couple of people snuck in posts ahead of me! The 11th is kind of far away. The first would probably be fine.

edit again: keenrush314 :dopefish hotmail.com - this made me smile.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

That date is fine for me, and I'm glad we all have the same date now....:crazy
Image You crack me up little buddy!
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

First of November sounds alright to me, althougth the eleventh would be okay too.