Keen2 insane minimalism level competition/collection (final deadline Sept 20th)

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Keen2 insane minimalism level competition/collection (final deadline Sept 20th)

Post by Roobar »

KeenRush wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:09 By the way, if/when we're doing Keen 3, I'm suggesting the obvious: danger tile + ankh. That's something I really want to see utilized.
Thumbs up for that.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Re: Keen2 insane minimalism level competition/collection (final deadline Sept 20th)

Post by Levellass »

It's a unique mechanic. So solid tile, hazard tile, ankh?

proYorp wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:25 I sent a level in. Did it get through all right?
It got sent to my spam folder for some reason, but I got it.

proYorp wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:25 Not to sound annoying or anything similar, but that's what I tried to suggest after the first contest. (Although it's entirely possible I explained it in a way that nobody could understand. I do that sometimes. :dopekeen)
It seems this is a sensible course of action. This will have to be kept in mind.

That's 11 levels, are we all done here? No more takers?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Levellass wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 0:05It's a unique mechanic. So solid tile, hazard tile, ankh?
Yeah. Implying one background tile too, of course. But now when I'm thinking about it - what it there's just solid tiles, barbed wire fence (killing), and ankhs? :eek No background tiles at all (except from collected ankhs). That would certainly change the nature of this thing into even crazier dimensions. But why not, why not? :mortlol

11 levels is pretty good! I think that's one more than last time.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

Levellass wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 0:05That's 11 levels, are we all done here? No more takers?
I would love to partake but alas, I've been awfully busy :( I might be able to finish a level tonight, but I can't make any promises. But no need to hold back the thing because of me. I'll just release it afterwards as an unofficial expansionary single-level level pack :crazy
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Grimson wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:15 I would love to partake but alas, I've been awfully busy :( I might be able to finish a level tonight, but I can't make any promises. But no need to hold back the thing because of me. I'll just release it afterwards as an unofficial expansionary single-level level pack :crazy
hurry up, Grimpson! everybody is waiting for ya. can't wait to see what you'll come up with; enjoyed your last contribution very much.
motivation song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C31f7GbJQE :foot
out now (link) : Image
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Give keener's 1 year to make a single level and they will still not have enough time...
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

Roobar wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:22 Give keener's 1 year to make a single level and they will still not have enough time...
Not exactly. They forget for 364 days and then won't have enough time the 365th day :dopekeen
nothing usefull here
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Alright, so in the same way I badgered 'lord to do something (While she avoids working on our ACTUAL project for two months I might add!) I got my oldest to make a level.

It took just under two minutes.

I said it was a level, that's all.

I have a strange sense of humor.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

The more the merrier. Please release it this Saturday if you can.
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

Levellass wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:37 I got my oldest to make a level.
Is this the one who eats laptop keys?
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

They did, but have moved out of the habit.

We have agreed that his moniker shall be Levellad. (The husband is Leveldad of course. He wants nothing to do with this.)
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Aw. It's a whole levelfamily. :)
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

So... tell us when you are going to release it.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

SOON

ish :evil
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

Roobar wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 15:52 So... tell us when you are going to release it.
It will be released in a time between now and a moment later than now :D
nothing usefull here