Anyone interested in beta-testing my mod?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Anyone interested in beta-testing my mod?

Post by Quillax »

EDIT: Got enough beta-testers.

I finished a levelpack yesterday, and I was wondering if anyone is interested in beta-testing it just to make sure there aren't any big bad bugs or problems or something like that, before I release it. I'm just looking for a couple if anyone's interested. If you are interested in beta-testing my levelpack, then you can let me know via either PM or posting in this topic.
Last edited by Quillax on Sun Jan 07, 2018 0:05, edited 1 time in total.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Nisaba
Janitress

Re: Anyone interested in beta-testing my mod?

Post by Nisaba »

Galaxy or Vorticons?
out now (link) : Image
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

It's a Keen 4 one.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
krivulak
Grunt

Post by krivulak »

Yeah, sure, why not. Can even test it on real HW if you're interested ;)
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

well... I can't promise to test it extensively (again, time is not on my side, you see) but I'll surely give it a try. just tell me what I need to focus on...
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Nice; got two beta-testers! krivulak and Nisaba, I'll be sending you each one private message that has a beta of my mod as soon as possible.
krivulak wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 18:31 Can even test it on real HW if you're interested ;)
It'd be neat if even old hardware can run it. I do sometimes wonder if my mods are compatible with old hardware or not.
Nisaba wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 19:37 well... I can't promise to test it extensively (again, time is not on my side, you see) but I'll surely give it a try. just tell me what I need to focus on...
I'm alright if it has to take you a week or two or so in order for you to test it out thoroughly. I'm personally looking for typos (there is new text in the mod) and any bugs and crashes (especially the latter) that might happen in the levels.
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Quillax wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 0:14It'd be neat if even old hardware can run it. I do sometimes wonder if my mods are compatible with old hardware or not.
If it runs in DOSBox, 99% of the time it will also run on old hardware. A lot of the time it'll even run in a Windows 9x environment in addition to pure DOS.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

received your files and couldn't resist. took a quick look at your demo recordings and I must say, you are quite a skilled player. even though these are your own levels it looks really fluent. looking forward to play some levels, too.
one word about the star wars text though: you might wanna consider some lectorship... not me though...
keenmaster486 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 0:34 If it runs in DOSBox, 99% of the time it will also run on old hardware. A lot of the time it'll even run in a Windows 9x environment in addition to pure DOS.
not really:
https://pckf.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=86755#p86746
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Nisaba wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:33not really:
https://pckf.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=86755#p86746
I should say: with proper memory management. Use plain HIMEM and EMM386 and you'll run out of memory on quite a few games, vintage games even.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Just stopping to say that I'm looking forward to playing this one, and curious to see how your level design is in the Galaxy engine. As I've said before, I love the level design in your latest Keen 1 mod - the flow is just great for speedrunning.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
XrackProject
Vortininja

Post by XrackProject »

Woooh! If its keen 4, then I am VERY intressted! :)
A project for lifetime.