Blegd & Smeeg

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
tulip
Flower Pot

Blegd & Smeeg

Post by tulip »

What happened to this? Seems all the links to this comic strip seem to be offline. Does anyone still happen to have a working link or the files saved on his computer?
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Galaxie seems to have sunk into a funk, and is not working on much at all right now.

Hmmmn, rather like me... oh well.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Yup, and with spatang gradually eroding by itself as it seems, bipship and keenwiki are the only two stable Keenstuff-Servers, and keenwiki isn't meant for file storage.
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

It's back online.

levellol wrote:Galaxie seems to have sunk into a funk, and is not working on much at all right now.

Hmmmn, rather like me... oh well.
Yeah life seems to do that to you.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Cool, thanx.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

It was nice to read through these 'olde' comics. :yorp Some funny stuff there.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Huzzah! Three cheers!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

tulip wrote:Yup, and with spatang gradually eroding by itself as it seems, bipship and keenwiki are the only two stable Keenstuff-Servers, and keenwiki isn't meant for file storage.
If Spatang is eroding by itself, somebody better download everything on there now and host it somewhere, methinks...
Wow look at me I'm lurking
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

I'll start doing this. (Downloading things from spatang and sticking them on bipship.) I already have nearly all of the mods and level packs up on bipship, which means probably all that's left is a TON of old CNC fangames no one's every heard of or played. ;) I started to download them, got 35 done, before my head exploded. I'm up to download number 48 I believe, and they go up to 356. :bloody Although some of the downloads seem to be broken for no apparent reason. Part of this spatang erosion, I guess.
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

You, sir, are awesome. I was planning to do it myself if no one else did, but damn you're making so much progress with that here. I'll be here if you need some help with those 356 games though. :)
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Well, I've started.

http://www.bipship.com/fangames

Clicking on the authors' names will (eventually) show all games by that author, but it's not working yet. My main concern is Why isn't my system allowing me to put in files >1meg? I wrote the MySQL-querying-code stuff, and no where did I put in such a restriction. I'll have to figure this out before I continue.

[admin(s) - maybe this topic should get ker-split?]
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

It might be a standard limitation in your server to allow only 1 MB uploads from HTTP sources? Check your config files.

(Disclaimer: I have never set up a server for actual professional use, so I might just be blabbering. :p)