Remember the video of Bobby Prince singing Eat Your Veggies?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

StupidBunny wrote:I never felt the sort of bitterness some Keeners feel about Doom overtaking Keen as id's priority, though it still would have been nice if they hadn't shelved TUIT altogether. I can't pretend that isn't disappointing.
I feel the same way about Wolfenstein 3D (I never got into doom because of the demonic imagery), it never really was the game's fault for where the other people wanted to take the company. And I think the whole shelving of TUIT and change of focus was pretty much linked to Tom Hall leaving, since I think him and Carmack were the two leaders of the group. And since Keen is pretty much Tom Hall's game, Carmack focused on where he wanted the company to go. After all, if you look at the development of doom, Tom wanted more of a story and more characters (something I think that spilled over into ROTT) and Carmack wanted just guns and gore, which has been id's style ever since...along with their games just being mere graphics showcases and sales pitches for their engines.